"Instant" noodles that you have to boil for four minutes: threat or menace

Hopefully one day that will always be my reason, too. Now it’s just work. Sigh.

You have lots of pasta in your cupboard that is ready in 4 minutes? Do tell. Dried pasta??

It took me a month or more to get Momofuku’s because Target had sold out. They’re OK, but not that special for the price. I buy noodle packs at Grocery Outlet for $2 or less that are just as good. I can’t recall the brand but we just had one from Costco that was refrigerated udon you boil in pre-made broth with char sui pork. Pretty tasty (had more substantial dehydrated veggies you add in too) but not worth 2-3 x the price.

1 Like

The time it takes to bring the water to a boil plus four, six, eight, twelve, doesn’t make enough difference that I’d pick which pasta to cook based on that.

I like to cook and I never rush through dinner, which is the last thing I do in the day except watch TV or read.

I forget sometimes that reason for loving my induction cooktop. I’d never swap it for the most expensive gas.

1 Like

Does water boil that much faster?

Oh, lordy, yes! We’ve been renting a house in Seattle and will be moving soon to our new place where our induction cooktop range is waiting for us. The difference is huge.

1 Like

Interesting. Unfortunately we’re not due for a kitchen upgrade until (takes out calculator) never.

4 Likes

Not giving up our custom-painted Wolf 304. On the rare occasions I want boiling water ASAP I use the electric kettle.

I’d give up most of dining out in exchange for keeping my range. We’ve owned three of them over 15 years. Sold houses and left the range(s) for the new owners. Just bought one for our daughter.

1 Like

Take that TheCookie! You’ve been split and scrubbed you troublemaker!

2 Likes

I’ll move any posts that are actually about “Favorite instant noodles” to that topic. This topic is for useless posts only.

1 Like

It’s useless unless you make the Threat or Menace thread, not when it’s made because of you. But it’s your show, so hey.

This topic is useless in the sense that there are no recommendations of anything to eat, just tedious cliquish bickering, which was started in response to my factually accurate post echoing A-Sha’s own claim that their wide Hakka noodles are an “alternative to instant noodle soup.”