Is anyone even making ice cream with stone fruit anymore?

Peach ice cream at Craft right now. Good, not outstanding.

Probably not.

That’s amazing - a true artisan. I did notice stainless steel pans in the cold case with peaches in various stages of what I’m guessing was the process - fresh, submerged in some sort of liquid, etc. Only wish it wasn’t so far!

1 Like

Ginger’s Divine Ice Cream (Culver City)… Really hit the spot. A scoop of the Yuzu & Boysenberry, and a scoop of the Fresh Peaches & Creme!

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone! My summer is literally better because of all of you nice people.

5 Likes

Sweet Rose Creamery’s August flavors include dairy free farmer’s choice stone fruit.

https://www.sweetrosecreamery.com/flavors/

1 Like

I dropped by the Sweet Rose in Pacific Palisades today. Was hoping they might have the peach buttermilk - nope. Server said they had peaches and cream recently, and another peach flavor but couldn’'t remember the name.

The farmer’s choice stone fruit was plum sorbet.

Handels. I tried the peach and it was very peachy. Not my style.

The chocolate, mocha almond fudge and butter pecan were all very good. I wish they were closer to me

1 Like

Booooo… They dont’ have peach anymore.

Funny interaction yesterday. It’s across the street from a fruit vendor.

I ask if they still have the peach ice cream. She says, no that’s one of our seasonal specials and it’s done now. I proceed to point to the vendor across from them with a fuck load of peaches lol

4 Likes

Went to Palisades Sweet Rose yesterday evening and they now have Honey Apricot and some form of Plum, both of which were good and stronger flavored than the peaches and cream.

3 Likes

Andy’s Orchard alert! Sweet Rose has Peach Crumble ice cream I asked where they are getting their peaches from and… It’s pretty wOw. FYI is the Sweet cream base with the peach and Crumble mixed in. At least what i had the peaches were very ripe

6 Likes

Aw yeah.

1 Like

Sounds good but…

How much to have someone tweeze out the crumble? Wait… the ice cream itself is not peach flavor? Hmmmm.

1 Like

Yes i wanted to be clear on that. Cream base. I personally like the contrast but i figured some would want more of a peach base.

It’s not a traditional plain peach ice cream

1 Like

You were. I’m just a simpleton.

Wanted to add a picture to this, so i went back out to do some field work. Really do love the variety of flavors and textures on the peach crumble ice cream.

6 Likes

Nice. I polished my pint of the peach crumble so fast last week. Might find a photo to post later.

1 Like

That looks a little bit better than the TJ peach crumble ice cream that is half eaten sitting in my fridge 3 weeks later.

1 Like

Antico Nuovo’s latest batch of plum ice cream is da fo’ shiznitz… Intense, yet not too tart. This stuff is perfect ice cream milkshake starting material - Bravo.

8 Likes

:drooling_face:

Ecco un Poco on 3rd St has a delicious peach gelato. Pairs really well with their chocolate and I’m sure the salted caramel as well

1 Like