January 2022 Rundown

OK, it’s day nine, so i double masked and distanced and got takeout from the window at Burgers Never Say Die.

Wünder Dog (guess I caught him on a blink)

16 Likes

Glad you’re feeling better and that covid didn’t kill your fast food/greasy food cravings!

6 Likes

I’m sick of soup, leftover Hoppin johns, pork shoulder, and all the healthy crap I’ve made.

Today I had to give in.

I’m REALLY craving roasted vegetables LOL

8 Likes

So … how did it taste?

1 Like

I think most of you find Mian to be just ok, if I’m not mistaken, but I have to say that I am obsessed with their Crispy Skin Chicken. It has such perfect shatteringly crisp skin and moist meat and the seasoning that comes with it is so damn good.

Their other stuff is very satisfying to me as well.

Chengdu Zhajiangmian:

Spicy Beef Noodle:

Chili Oil Chaoshou:

(This was at the Artesia location.)

19 Likes

Crappe! I’ll have to give the West Adams one a shot!

–Dommy!

1 Like

@SpockSpork said recently, “There’s a smashburger place that’s supposed to be good, and it’s got a funny name…”

Me: “‘Burger Never Say Die???’ @Gr8pimpin talks about it all the time [relatively speaking]!” :slight_smile:

Glad you are feeling well enough to be up and about.

2 Likes

Really great. I needed something with salt!!

The patties weren’t as crispy as I’ve had. The fries weren’t as crispy.

WAIT… maybe COVID messes with your ability to detect crispness.

LOL , ha ha. Yep!!

Thank you!! Appreciate you :slight_smile:

Didn’t have enough time to get to the Win-Dow’s new location for a bang x2. Had to get back home for a zoom meeting.

3 Likes

Has some truly excellent cold Sichuan noodles recently at the W. Adams locale. Other things I have had there weren’t so great (hot noodles and dumplings). But I really loved the cold noodles.

2 Likes

that chicken looks :heart:

4 Likes

I was out in Lynwood for a Covid test (all thanks to the Curative website) and found myself at the local chain Bobo’s Burgers. Since I don’t think I’ll be back there in a bit I got the fried zucchini, the onion rings, french fries and a chicken breast sandwich. ($22 total)

The food was hot and quick - my ranking went onion rings, french fries, zucchini. The zukes were fried large slices, almost wedges. If cut thinner the rankings would shift fast.

4 Likes

No pics but had a Jon and vinnys picnic with my usual suspects meatball, mushroom pizza, vodka fusilli, and spicy salad. Went with a wild card which turned out fantastic ham and yeezy pizza def a must order.

I miss having a Jon and vinnys nearby.

6 Likes

Pozoleria Dona Elena (Vista, CA), pozole verde with chicken

Vamos a Texcoco (Vista, CA), lamb barbacoa, consomme was so good

12 Likes

yumeya zushi

:heart: :heart: :heart:

oma maguro toro aged 26 days

sayori

suma katsuo

kobashira

22 Likes

That shari looks glorious.

1 Like

Los Dos Chingones - Boyle Heights

Mixto chilaquiles w/ mixto carnitas breakfast burrito - two weeks in a row, I’m hooked. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Chicken Chick - Torrance

Chicken soltani :heart_eyes: with lubia polo

And hummus

Chosun Galbee - Koreatown

Unmarinated short rib

Marinated short rib :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Pork belly

Broad Street Oyster Co - Smorgasburg

Lobster roll :heart_eyes:

The Bad Jew - Smorgasburg

Reuben and dip

Phoholic - Stanton

#14 Pho w/ brisket, flank, fatty flank, tendon, tripe

Burritos La Palma - El Monte

Platillo especiale :heart_eyes:

Brodard - Fountain Valley

Nem nuong cuon

Mi quang :heart_eyes: wow - never had this before and definitely something I would order again.

Bun dac biet Brodard

Banh Mi Saigon - Westminster

Pork belly banh mi

Simmzy’s - El Segundo

Surprisingly tasty carne asada poutine fries. Not sure why they call it poutine, but it was pretty tasty.

Honey Pig - Buena Park

Galbi and pork jowl :heart_eyes:

And post meal fried rice :heart_eyes:

Banh Oui - Melrose

Garlic shrimp laffa

25 Likes

I need that chilQuiles burrito in my life!

3 Likes

@A5KOBE, I need a super like button for your posts!!

2 Likes

You sure get around!

That looks great but I’d need a nap straightaway.

That Lubia Polo they have there is the best. :fire: :fire: :fire: Love this place… wish it was closer…

2 Likes