July 2020 Rundown

@J_L @teriyakichi Not sure, I could see the produce box the employee was taking mangoes out of, but it didn’t say anything about the type of mango. But the mangoes looked pretty big and the skin was mostly yellow with some red. It was really creamy, no stringy fibers and soooo sweet.

1 Like

We’ve gotten a few Win-dow burgers in this plague year, and we find that between two average adults, one double cheeseburger + the simple but tasty salad (plus maybe some fries :slight_smile:) is enough to fill you up

You, too, can get a judgmental cat.

4 Likes

Car snacks. (Took photo at home with what was left)

Croquetas de pollo and papas rellenas from Portos.

10 Likes

No guava cheese roll?

2 Likes

I’m the only Jew I know that HATES cheese pastries. Cheese danish… hell… cheesecake… Hmm, you know given the choice between sweet and savory, I always choose savory.

I know. Something is seriously wrong with me.

4 Likes

Wha no cheesecake :frowning:

1 Like

On top of all of that I hope this predicted track is accurate and it passes well south of you, Hurricane Douglas Tracker | Weather Underground.
I miss Hawaii so much!

1 Like

Thanks @ebethsdad been watching it for the last couple days. First time I’ve seen a predicted track that will completely miss Oahu. Hopefully that’s the case or if it hits at least decrease rapidly as predicted. But either way we’ve started buying some supplies and hunkering down.

Will let you know how it goes!

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, very helpful! I may stop by and bang with something else.

Fab Hot Dogs in Reseda for… wait for it… hot dogs or as Bubbles on “The Wire” called them… “pimp steaks.”

A Chicago dog. Look, Ma, radiator green relish! It feels like a really healthy meal, because of all the “fresh“ and crunchy vegetables LOL.

and a cheese Coney dog.

No trip to Fab is complete without an order of loaded spicy garlic tots (or fries!!)

Is it really a secret menu, when the business has a big sign telling you the secret? Interesting looking items though.

18 Likes

They still slang those rippers?

used to be a soft serve place in that plaza that sold dole whip floats…:sob:

2 Likes

Yes they do!!!

Oh man, a dole whip float would be perfect right now!!! My garlic breath is severe!

1 Like

Love the tater tots with the curry ketchup!

But the beauty of cheese pastries is that there is no need to choose sweet/savory. YOU GET BOTH!!! :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m no pizza connoisseur nor have I tried any deep dish pizza other than Dough Box’s but I love this place!

the york | mozzarella, pepperoni, house made italian sausage

the foundation of dough box’s deep dish is a thick but crispy crust with plenty of wonderful yeasty aroma. atop the impressive crust sits a seemingly perfect ratio of tangy tomato sauce with a kick and a layer of quality mozzarella that breaks into long strands as I was tearing it up. lastly, i can do without the pepperoni but don’t sleep on the flavorful house made sausage.
20200726_001627

20200726_001754

20200726_001723

20200726_001735

20200726_001819

20200726_001842

12 Likes

Impressive structural integrity for a deep dish

Classic summertime unagi don by Shunji… The fluffy eel, the crunch of the kyuri (cucumber) on a bed of fluffy rice, soaking in all that great unagi dressing flavor. Truly a powerful serving!

Apple Pan may be actually be selling more food via take-out these days than before the pandemic. It was busy! The burgers, fries and pies are consistent. (The management switched to a new vendor for their potatoes due to recent supply chain issues, but I think the Apple Pan fries now are better than ever.) I’ve never tried an Apple Pan tuna salad sandwich before, and whooooa Nelly! It was terrific!

Apple Pan’s peach cream pie and banana cream pie… Perfect summer desserts!

20 Likes

Roasties rice box of soy sauce chicken and char siu from Cheung Hing Millbrae. It’s far from my favorite but satisfies the craving, plus super convenient as there was zero wait on a Friday evening

Clear broth brisket lo mein, HK cafe broadway bistro. Hits the spot!

Frozen dumplings made by Northern grannies from Asian American Food Company / Kingdom of Dumpling. Been having their pork versions a lot so switched to chicken and cabbage. A fast lunch!

Joining in on the Green Ridge fun

11 Likes

I notice quite a few dumplings places in the Sunset/Richmond is that your favorite place?