June 2021 Rundown

Wifey asked me if I got two orders. Shocked this was just one.

I admire all y’all’s willpower.

5 Likes

Wants less fries he says… :pleading_face:

4 Likes

Whole Foods or Bristol Farms usually carry Fort Point. Not sure if they have this specific type though.

2 Likes

I think the correct term is hoarding.

4 Likes

Well, what I really want is to pay less. I assume the easiest way to get there is to buy a smaller order of fries.

But instead I just order another burger because I don’t want to eat all those fries myself - sorry, they’re not that good.

7 Likes

Might be the most FTC logic of all time. The fries are mediocre and the serving size is too large so I get another burger to even it out. Haha.

9 Likes

This is what happens to me at in n out lol

3 Likes

Agreed 2 burgers over fries any day of the week!

ROCA and Mini Kabob is one of the best bangs you can get.

ROCA’s big following is the Americana maintenance staff. 4 of them walked in right after opening at noon…following me and 4 other people. Slices straight from the oven are delicious…and I think I like this crust more than the old one. They forgot my sausage/potato slice :cry:

Mini Kabob…why didn’t I come here sooner! The chicken cutlet is out of this world! And the eggplant caviar is ridiculously good. I wish this was closer to my house.

Tore into everything. Sorry no photos.

18 Likes

Petit Trois L’Original -
I’ve had a hankering for steak tartare for quite some time. Fulfilled it today with a trip here.

Photo is twinged with orange because of the umbrella shade. Super good. Loved the perfect bite from the onions and the brininess of the capers. And the crispy fried shallots…yum!
Not pictured (because we forgot):
Escargots
Warm goat cheese salad
(Current special) Roasted monkfish, deconstructed bernaise and charred asparagus - come in just for this because it was AMAZING! Each component was perfectly executed, but the sum of its parts were greater than a perfect roasted monkfish, slightly charred Spring asparagus, and a delightful bernaise with herbs tossed atop

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQCpnfgLsIz/?utm_medium=copy_link

Strawberry profiterole - it was giant(!) and filled with a fresh strawberry compote and creme diplomat

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQBW3L1Dtsj/?utm_medium=copy_link

Dining was outdoors and a touch on the windy side. Service was great.

16 Likes

Why haven’t I noticed they serve steak tartare? :thinking:

3 Likes

Baker’s Bench.

8 Likes

Breakfast croissant, Bar Hermanito (Sawtelle Japantown)…

8 Likes

Have you heard anything about Balconi / Parts and labor by any chance?

Are they making the croissant in house at bar hermanito?! Looks good, how did you like it

The website says it is “bar forward.” WTF??? How is the food?

Yeah. Again. Zacatecas in Hawthorne

11 Likes

Bánh Cuốn Lưu Luyến - Little Saigon

Currently hooked on this place, their nuoc cham is seriously addictive when adding the thimble sized hot chili sauce they give you which I am pretty sure is made with Thai bird chili. Oh, and the banh cuon is so perfect in texture. Been here three times in three weeks.

Banh cuon dac biet

Banh beo

Banh cuon thit nuong

Cha gio

Banh cuon thanh tri thit nuong

Nem chua heo va

Ham Ji Park - Koreatown

Pork neck stew

Pork ribs

Choriman - San Pedro

Breakfast burrito with red chicken chorizo

Father’s Office - Culver City

Office burger and tator tots - still :fire::fire::fire:

Duck confit salad - pretty fuckin tasty as well

I-Naba - Torrance

Zaru soba and tempura

Wadatsumi - Torrance

Roast beef bowl over their amazing gohan - just look at the luscious beef atop their rice.

Courage Bagels - Silverlake

Hand sliced smoked salmon on everything bagel - pretty good but not sure about those Montreal bagels

Carnitas La Artista - Lennox

Carnitas by the pound, got a mix of a bunch of stuff. The carnitas were decent however their condiments stole the show. The pork lengua was fantastic, the cueritos was chewy and undercooked, the rest was decent however I still prefer Villa Moreliana and a fairly new spot called Carnitas El Negro in East LA which is Sunday’s only on Atlantic Ave.

20 Likes

Oh, I’ve been meaning to check these guys out. Thanks for the report! I’m a big Moreliana fan, nice to hear your comparison. Also noting El Negro.

1 Like

Amen :pray:

1 Like