Kippered DTLA

TBD? But they do have a small outside patio for people to sit at and get some fresh air.

3 Likes

I had an anchovy sandwich for lunch today. Which is another way of saying i will be eating here ASAP.

6 Likes

updated menu with an impressive 49 tins

dranks

a kippered x kato bang bang was perfect

I have some tins of gueyumars at home and they’re great so wanted to try something new.

ramon pena garfish needle in olive oil (esp)
the freshly toasted, warm, and crusty bread was night and day compared to the cold, hard and stale bread at bar moruno.

meaty and dense, similar to the texture of albacore.

13 Likes

Nice list of tins. I recommend Gueyumar and Fangst.

Is someone involved with the cheese program a Basque separatist?

I’ve never smelled anyone else’s tinned fish when they’re sitting nearby at a wine bar.

It’s a wine bar. Type 42, wine or beer for sale on or off the premises, no minors allowed, food service not required. (Most wine bars have type 41, bona-fide eating place, minors allowed, “substantial sales of meals for consumption on the premises” required.)

1 Like

#OpeningCansDoesNotCountAsCooking :smiley:

1 Like

This :point_up_2:t4: I was having anxiety trying to figure out what I’d get and made a mental note to rule out brands already in my tin collection or things I can get at Epicurus. Thank goodness there’s a couple of porky selections for homie. I cannot wait!

P.S. Calling all winos! What looks good?

2 Likes

They don’t say which of the many Landron Muscadets, but they’re all good and perfect for pairing with tinned seafood.

1 Like

p.s. it doesn’t stink in there.

6 Likes

Thank you for your service :pray:

3 Likes

During my visit there I went San Sebastian-style and had the txakoli. It went perfect with the items I ordered, and was a generous pour.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Two of my favorite things.

2 Likes

I saw her post a picture of this on Instagram and reading about it sounds right up my alley Kippered sounds pretty interesting I’m going to have to check it out

2 Likes

Are we approaching peak tinned fish?

2 Likes

Quality! I also think DTLA Cheese is the best place in GCM.

1 Like

Tinned fish, the new poke bowl? :sweat_smile:

I can’t see tinned fish going mass-market like poke.

I think chicken tenders are the new poke bowl. :confounded:

1 Like

There was a lot to like but the most memorable thing was also the cheapest: sea fennel butter.

Is that Bordier?