Koreatown - 2019 to

I’m very curious about Sulga. Pass it frequently.

1 Like

Give it a try. I like the cold noodle soup with beet dongchimi and the knee cap soup

1 Like

The anchovy toast was a great starter. Housemade chicken sausage and bean soup was quite good but not as synergistic as I had hoped it would be. Squid & merguez was a highlight. The textural interplay was excellent. The cherries & cream dessert proved to be both seasonal and delicious. Chef Miles is gonna change up the menu soon. A really good first week run for Baby Bistro.

3 Likes

Going saturday! Very pumped. Went to one of Miles’ dinners at the Konbi echo park location and thought it was one of the best meals I’ve had in LA .

1 Like

Yep, a couple of times when they first opened. Both the beef and pork seok galbi are pretty good (nothing amazeballs). Suhllungtang and galbi tang are just standard and not the best. Dumplings are also standard. I was surprised when the article came out because it’s just another decent Korean spot with nothing standout, at least that I’ve tried. Solid and clean, but nothing to sweep you off your feet.

1 Like

Looks good!

1 Like

Who’s got a great cod, daegu jorim for me? Miss jun won . But need a sit down place

1 Like

Cod, I don’t know. But I like Seong Buk Dong’s mackerel Godeungeo Jorim. It’s been a while, but I would say Seong Buk Dong has a similarly deep braised flavor, maybe more spicy, definitely less sweet. (I’m comparing to Jun Won when it was on Western, haven’t tried Jun Won Dak)

2 Likes

Soban has it.

1 Like

Kobawoo.

1 Like

I went with Yangban modern version

4 Likes

That was going to be the move until I figured out we can finally go to yangban. Had a dope view of chef Hong expediting

2 Likes

Kobawoo always hits for us. Don’t remember it being that baller though. 4 dishes and 3 beers was 280.

The daegu jorim is nowhere near how good it was at Junwon. Definitely a skip. It’s always the pancake, bossam, acorn noodle for us . Kalbi fine. Add on kimchi superb

6 Likes

$280! That kimchi looks amazing though

1 Like

Surprised that the eundaegu jorim wasn’t to your liking; the prices are also shocking.

Have you ever tried the cheonggukjang? Kobawoo’s version is much milder than other places’.

nope… but i love this jang… i dont really need it milder btw.
jorim was fine but it’s pretty basic there… i was spoiled by Junwon

You a fan of Olympic Cheonggukjang then?

don’t be knowin! thanks… shall investigate!

Thats a OG spot!

1 Like

I mean the bossam, galbi, and eundaegu around $70 (for the biggest combo), $50, and $50, and big enough to be shareable entrees at non-Korean restaurants, plus $27 for the huge seafood pancake. With drinks/tax/tip that’s fairly standard for LA dining these days!