LA Restaurant Hot Takes

Xxx flamin Cheetos 4 life!

3 Likes

Death Match!

3 Likes

Try Lucky Boy in Pasadena. Go to the one on Arroryo Parkway. The one on Walnut is $1.00 more expensive. Ask me why because I donā€™t know.

1 Like

I practically lived there in high school. There and the nearby but long gone Franciscoā€™s Diner.

3 Likes

Iā€™m firmly in the Cheddar Jalapeno Cheetos camp.

2 Likes

Never have had it maybe Iā€™ll buy it and try it do they have extra spicy versions?

I could not agree more. Iā€™ve always thought Joeā€™s tomato sauce was too acidic. And the Joeā€™s in Sherman Oaks is just plain awful.

Warrior: Tacos 1986 is way better than Guisados. (Is this even controversial? I donā€™t follow the taco scene.)

1 Like

Why would you compare the two places? They donā€™t even make the same type of tacos.

6 Likes

the key to guisados is finding the meats you actually like and also ordering the horchata.

5 Likes

True. Guisados makes boring, pointless tacos and Tacos 1986 makes fantastic, delicious tacos. I donā€™t see how they can be compared! :smiley:

Well, Iā€™ve tried every meat Iā€™m going to eat and all the vegetarian tacos, and for me, Guisados is a waste of a meal. I prefer Chipotle to be honest, but Tacos 1986, Sonoratown, and even Little Llamas all have much more tasty tacos in my opinion. Thatā€™s my hot take!

This is funny because I prefer chipotle to 1986! I think guisados is alright, but like @Ns1 said I basically just order the cochinita and sometimes a quesadilla.

1 Like

Have to say i do love the tortillas at Guisados, over all in that same style I preferred LoterĆ­a.

3 Likes

Maybe you just donā€™t like braised meats in your tacos? Have you had guisado style tacos anywhere else that you liked?

2 Likes

I canā€™t get past the squeaky cheese quesadilla but some people love it so :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Thatā€™s pretty controversial to prefer Chipotle>>>Guisados `

2 Likes

to be fair the hard shelled chicken tacos at Chipotle are pretty good

This is the actual hot take, and good information going forward when reading other takes on other restaurants.

15 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: