LA Restaurant Hot Takes

Has anyone here tried the one at Nomad? I just heard about it in a podcast

1 restaurant that is worth the hype ?

1 Like

So does Buttigiegā€¦ at least he did before he started running for POTUS. I lean with the No CFA, but liking both sides of this argument. FTCers are smarties.

Iā€™m liking this thread too and Iā€™m changing the name to Nemrozā€™s Piss & Vinegar. He really shines in his own home. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Majordomo

3 Likes

I donā€™t know how to respond to this fully because I agree with some of what you say, I see some slight contradictions in your statements/reasoning (this might be resolved with more questions on my end) and I also disagree with some of your thoughts but this is based on only a few of your posts in this thread.

I donā€™t wanna turn this into politics but thank you for your thoughts.

1 Like

I eat neither donkey nor elephant.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve had donkey

4 Likes

Yes in Germany at a backyard barbecue. Very tasty . Iā€™ll never forget it .

Word. Not that Majordomo gets the hype that it deserves.

1 Like

Of course you have.

Lol this conversation has been meandering in all sorts of fun directions

4 Likes

Does it taste like chicken?

1 Like

But horse tastes better

2 Likes

Maybe the best braised meat Iā€™ve had in my life was a donkey or mule stracotto in a little cafe in a village in the Colli Eugani, outside of Padova. Wasnā€™t different enough from beef that Iā€™d have guessed if I hadnā€™t known.

Raindeer aka caribou is what beef wants to be when it grows up.

Yes I couldnā€™t believe how good it was at a placed called Kill the Donkey in a village outside of Modena with some very crispy polenta.

this place also had the finest capelini iā€™ve hadā€¦ strict no less than 5 per table spoon rule observed thereā€¦ everyting was like $7 a plate.

4 Likes

It does look delicious. I wonder how long youā€™d have to braise a donkey.

If I remember right, the dish we had was marinated for a few days and braised overnight.

Iā€™ll bet.

This thread is very fun and full of interesting opinions, but this post is the first one that made me gasp and clutch my pearls.

I love breakfast burritos, and I think that wrapped in a tortilla is the best way to enjoy breakfast foods. But I applaud the heat of this take, especially in LA.

13 Likes

Elephant sperm, scrambled, with salt and pepper, tasted just like regular scrambled egg white!