Langer's pastrami

You’re familiar with Andrea Nguyen when it comes to banh mi?

https://www.vietworldkitchen.com/blog/2009/06/banh-mi-sandwich-recipe.html

growing up in Boston had it’s tasty advantages…but every part of this country has yummy stuff

Aren’t you kind? :slight_smile:

Catholiver,

Familiar with her? She’s my hero!

I’d actually been looking for tips on making banh mi for years, but just could not find recipes that were written out well or, felt right.

Then I found recipes pulled from -

Such a charming woman and even better, she could explain the history of the ingredients, why they work and how to make them. I tried her basic recipe and? Danced the happy dance : )

And did you know? Her pho cookbook just won a James Beard Award. Hooray!

Oh my, yes indeed. A few years ago I went to SF and took an Asian dumpling class with her. She’s a fantastic teacher. And she’s going to have another book out next year

Fun to meet a kindred spirit. xoc

2 Likes

Oooh - that book looks great! In the hot days of summer, I find myself craving Vietnamese rice noodle salads. Hopefully she’ll have recipes for those!

Jealous that you got to take a class with her. But happy for you!

P.S. Edited to include a blog post she wrote. Looks perfect for the upcoming months " )

https://www.vietworldkitchen.com/blog/2018/06/5-asian-cold-noodle-recipes-for-hot-days.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+vietworldkitchen%2FZVGu+(Viet+World+Kitchen)

1 Like

I do not recall it being on the Crawfish episode - I pray not, place is already hard enough to get a meal at. Unfortunately, it was on Somebody Feed Phil.

Norm’s account seems the right one to side with in this Make-out Gate ?

yep.

If the reply by the Langer’s employee to the original post/accusation is accurate then I would side with Norm.

Normally i stay in my lane but i have to speak on this because this is where i work! 2 women were making out at a booth and were asked to stop. NOT ASKED TO LEAVE BUT TO STOP because the dispay was getting inappropriate! they are now saying that the space i work in is unsafe for people of the LGBTQ+ community. Mind you I have worked here for 3months with never one problem even when the owner discovered that I am married to a woman. no lude or disrespectful comments were ever made and he welcomed my wife to his estblishment with open arms. Him and I have had many dicussions about our communtiy and how to be politically correct when approaching things in our community especially with him being an older straight white male. I say all this to say that it is never okay for someone to feel offended or unsafe and it should always be addressed. But to use a moment of misunderstanding to attack a mans character and his busniess just isnt right. That is the problem with our community everyone is so quick to bash instead of using moments as a learning experience. No matter how legal and open our lifestyles are many people still dont understand and it is on us to not only normalize but shed understanding light not just hop on the first controversy train. Also, as a generation that uses social media so avidly we need to make it a point to recieve all facts before taking sides and making statements. That is why things like what happened with Jussie Smollett happen. I encourage people of the LGBTQ+ communtity to come to @langersdeli and see for yourself the kind of space it is and meet Norm Langer yourself who is always there standing on the side of the deli greeting and conversing with customers new and old. For my own community to come against my wife and I and call us bigots and facist because she is defending me and I am defending my boss and work place is ridiculous. To say i am tokenizing the fact that I am a black lesbian woman is complete malarchy because that IS what i am nothing token about. I will continue my employment because I know first hand that @langersdeli is a safe place for ALL people. [#boycottlangers]

10 Likes

The snowflakes can keep crying, while I enjoy this.

7 Likes

I liked the eater comments:

5 Likes

Something must have been deleted here. I see nothing current above Nemroz post.

1 Like

Nothing was deleted.

1 Like

Statement from the couple.

Could be a big misunderstanding between both parties. Norm wasn’t clear in telling the couple that it’s a policy prohibiting PDA and the couple took his “can’t have that here” as him being against LGBTQ.

1 Like

“Anonymous partner” wants nunnathis

1 Like

Did he ask them to leave or did they do so on their own?

Who knows? He said, she said situation.

But look, he denies it. He totally denies it!

1 Like