Langer's pastrami

wiener, langers is “on a roll”

had this last few times with swiss and horseradish…dynamite

1 Like

fucking swiss and horseradish ???

that definitely ain’t kosher.

and that’s no fucking joke.

That Sandwich looks so great, the only problem is I love their rye so so much! :yum:

Same, I’d have to go way more often than I do to throw myself a curve and try it.

2 Likes

Get a loaf of rye and 2 lbs of pastrami to go.

2 Likes

@Mr_JJ, @wienermobile

You’re killing me! LOL I have to go back soon.

1 Like

As the neighborhood changed around the restaurant, Langer’s stopped selling items such as baloney and liverwurst. About 15 years ago, per his wife’s suggestion, he started selling salads. More recently, Langer’s began selling pastrami chili cheese fries after a customer request — a new item Langer said is the biggest change he has made.

I bet a million dollars that if Wexler’s or Wise Sons started selling fried artisan baloney/mustard sandwiches, it would be the most hip, popular food trend of 2018.

2 Likes

The fried Baloney Sandwich (with potato chips) at Turkey and the Wolf in New Orleans is just freaking amazing…teenagers’ after-school wet dream of a snack.

7 Likes

Turkey & the Wolf? I’m gonna name my next restaurant The Blue-Tailed Skink & the Staphylococcus.

4 Likes

Chicago is ahead of us in the bologna world.

Fried House-made Bologna sandwich at Au Cheval in Chicago

2 Likes

Was that on Ugly Delicious?

friend bologna is delicious—not only in sandwiches but with eggs for b’fast (fried kosher salami is pretty tasty as well…)

2 Likes

Yes!

I grew up on fried boloney sandwiches and, when I didn’t have salami in the house? Fried boloney up with plenty of pepper, to scramble with eggs, or cook as a flat omelet.

Yum : )

3 Likes

Get thee to Citizen

Have you fried Spam? Delish. And, yes, with lots of pepper.

Another one of my favorite sandwiches as a kid was boloney/pickles/mustard/on rye (this meant deli boloney, garlicky kosher dills, brown mustard on bakery rye bread) w/ a side of potato chips----awesome.

I imagine I could get all of those ingredients to go @ Langers and make an excellent sandwich(es) @ home, but I get distracted by the pastrami…

1 Like

9 Likes

Having grown up in Atlanta, I can’t even imagine something so wonderful.

Oh criminy. That menu looks FAB! And love that the happy hour starts so early, I could hit LACMA then have a snack. Or vice versa.

And now that I’ve learned how to make my own banh mi veggies? And the maggi mayo? I want to try a fried bologna banh mi. Seems like it would work…

3 Likes