L'antica Pizzeria Da Michele

I have NO prob admitting I’m a wimp. :slight_smile:

I also think time of day makes a big diff, too. I can eat pizza for lunch, so maybe I’ll try to make it out there during the day.

That doesn’t bother me so much as the “why-is-this-area-so-goddamn-dark at night???”

1 Like

It’s not a rough neighborhood - It’s really the scarcity of good parking spots that’s the issue.

No, it isn’t, but I’m not walking around there after dark by myself. YMMV, as a guy and all. Different for me.

Understandable.

FIFY

2 Likes

Valets are our friends, and we should reward them handsomely.

Valet on Wilshire near Westwood Blvd was $35 on Thursday. I could have bought approx 1.45 margherita pizzas.

As a former valet, let me give you a bit of advice.

Never valet your cars.

11 Likes

Preach.

Sorry to say the first thing I think of when I hear the word “valet” is the Seinfeld episode with the BO that “was beyond BO. It’s BBO.”

Okay, only when I’m wearing heels. :+1:

You all are welcome to park at my place and walk over. Just bring me back some pizza and we’ll call it even :wink:

4 Likes

it must have been late because after looking at more pictures my initial estimate of 14 inches is way off. it’s more like 18 inches, definitely not regulation size. and only three leaves of basil? c’mon man!

courtesy of yelp

4 Likes

I struggled with this place. There’s something that just feels off when you take something that is a classic in one place/culture and try to transport it directly into another country. I feel like if I ate this in Naples, I would have loved the whole experience, but it just felt flat here for any number of reasons. The pizza was soupy even for Neopolitan pizza. It got cold very quickly. It was pricey. And ultimately, I just didn’t think it was even as good as pizza I’ve had recently at Ronan and Cosa Buona, or even Roberta’s. Also the whole space is very weird. Hope others enjoy having it, but I will not return.

2 Likes

It definitely tastes better at 4.5 euros than $24 + tip and tax.

1 Like

i’m just glad your nails are trimmed

AKA $30

this post is brought to you by Nemroz Bucks.

6 Likes

That’s waaay bigger than 11.2 pieces of uni nigiri.

1 Like

TIL @Nemroz tips 14% :wink:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: