L'antica Pizzeria Da Michele

It’s not picky to know what you don’t like, and to eat lots and lots of what you do like. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s a great article. Pizza Today is an excellent trade magazine.

“They tell me they appreciate and respect Neapolitan pizza and its tradition, but their communities don’t want it.” … “A lot of our clients started making Neapolitan but ditched the sub two-minute bake because their customers wanted crunch.”

I love all kinds of pizza, but most of my favorites are in that loose “neo-Neapolitan” category.

http://www.sfweekly.com/dining/pie-high/

uncooked

The usual sauce on traditional Neapolitan pies is canned tomatoes, which are cooked as part of the canning process. They’re just not cooked down further the way they are for many American pizzas.

Right. I like a slow-cooked, deep red sauce. Yep, American. It’s what I grew up with. But it’s also a matter of preference. I didn’t grow up eating Ethiopian, Sushi or Korean either, but I love it.

$24+ for a margherita…aint happening for me!

1 Like

i’ve got to try it. nothing else though… not even water.

3 Likes

Using first-rate imported ingredients is expensive, especially the cheese, which they probably get flown in every day or two. The price on the menu in the photo above is $20. That’s $2 less than Una Pizza Napoletana in New York. $24 is for double cheese, which frankly seems like a bad idea.

It’s an effing good margherita pizza. I’d pay the $24 for that quality of food. But that costly Hollywood parking sitch does give me pause.

This is my plan, too (if I ever get out there b/c I’m a lazy a$$).

It’s two blocks from a subway station.

2 Likes

But what if the starting point is not? :frowning:

2 Likes

Park free near some other subway stop.

Spoken like a true non-Angeleno.

9 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. Robert loves our subways way more than we do.

3 Likes

It’s a couple of blocks from Luv2Eat. Is parking even that bad around there?

Yes. It’s your straight up classic Hollywood nightmare parking when you get to the Hollywood&Highland area.

2 Likes

It’s fine if you park a few blocks away. But then you have to smile at the riff-raff, and hand out dollar bills as you walk to your fancy pizza. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hollywood and Highland! Truly the worst part of LA! It is dreadfully driving and walking thru that area. No I am not interested in your music/rap album lol

I still love Hollywood though…Hollywood Bowl, Amoeba, Farmers Market, Hotel Cafe, Thai Town/Thai Food, Musso and Franks, Cinerama Dome, Roosevelt, El Capitan, the smell of Danger Dogs in the air,

6 Likes

It’s actually closer to Sunset. Street parking has been no problem when I’ve gone to Luv2Eat with friends who were driving.

1 Like

Parking really isn’t that bad around where L’antica is…I do it all the time, you guys are wimps

4 Likes