Lunch specials in Koreatown?

Gonna second that one. Galbi-tang at Park’s is awesome and you can be in and out in 25 minutes.

Does Jangchung-Dong serve the best Jokbal, pig’s feet, in Koreatown?

I looked at their menu, and it seems like you can get their jobkal at about half the price if you order it at lunch.

But, what else would you order besides their jokbal?

Yes, and the bossam is also very good, though not as good of a value. Soondae is good, as are the pancakes. Jokbal is the star, though.

Fucking love it. Was going to suggest it.

1 Like

that and the seafood pancake

another extremely affordable option is the hwe dup bap (spicy sashimi salad) for $7.99 at Hwal Uh Kwang Jang

one other idea that might give you and your friends more options is the food court at koreatown plaza.

the spicy shrimp dumplings at pao dao might be the best in k-town, you have a awoolim outlit if korean style sushi rolls (gimbap) and there are enough other decent places to give you options.

2 Likes

I find the seafood bibimbap at Gamja Bawi and Jeon Ju to be the most satisfying lunch options. I don’t know how much they cost, but they are ~ $10. At Jeon Ju, it comes with a bunch of panchan. At Gamja Bawi, not so much.

1 Like

Please, not the Koreatown Plaza foodcourt… Other than the soondae there’s little of note there and even that’s not a reason to go there.

your moniker is apt.

It’s called self-awareness…

2 Likes

I like Jeon Ju, too. What’s the story with Gamja Bawi?

so it’s ok to be an ass as long as you advertise it?

seriously, i only needed to read a few of your posts to decide it was better to skip them going forward. it won’t hurt my feelings if you ignore my posts in the same way.

Hey man, I just disagree that the food in the Koreatown Plaza food court is, by and large, worth an outing. If you want to base a blood feud on that, go right ahead. I don’t have the energy myself.

for god’s sake grow a pair. you can’t describe your own opinions as annoying then take umbrage when someone agrees.

Umbrage? I’m not the one having an ongoing hissy fit here because someone disagreed with their recommendation of the food at the goddamned Koreatown Plaza’s food court. Calm down.

Drama notwithstanding, is Koreatown Plaza the right plaza for me to visit for lunches? There’s another one on Olympic.

Get the shrimp dumplings at Pao Jao and some Kimbap, rice cakes, and that rice slushy drink at Awoolim. There is another Chinese-Korean place right outside the food court.

1 Like

Also have you tried lunch at Korean seafood places? (Hwal Uh Kwang Jang and A-Won come to my mind first , you get a bowl with rice, veggies, raw fish, squirt some sauce and mix well. Or get the multi color fish egg bowl at A-Won)

1 Like

Damn it I just scrolled up and saw SAM’s post

1 Like

Wow totally Missed the drama from 2016. Also get the cheesecake at cheesetella and the soon dae from the soondae lady. I don’t love that food court but there’s some gems.

1 Like

which was my point. pao jao’s shrimp dumplings might be the best in Ktown. awoolim is popular for those who like kimbap. if you’ve never had it, they’re a good entry point.

i took umbrage at having my opinion dismissed summarily by someone whose opinion i don’t particularly respect. nowadays, i just try to walk away from it. most of what’s submitted here is entirely subjective. if somebody else needs to be right i’ve got better things to do than engage them.

2 Likes