Majordomo - Chinatown

Was here on Saturday everything was delicious. Here is what I’d recommend
Sprouting cauliflower
Crispy pork belly (we got 5 pieces)
BS fries
Stuffed peppers
A couple of bings (butter and honey and ham)
Crispy rice and duck (ask for samjang on the side)
You probably need 3-4 more dishes.

1 Like

apl is a must, preorder it if you have a late reservation.
butter honey black truffle, spicy lamb, benton’s ham, chickpea hozon bings
stuffed peppers
fried oxtail/potatoes
fried cauliflower
glazed carrots
raw sugar snaps if they’re on the menu
macaroni and chickpea with black truffle
crispy pork belly
roasted duck crispy rice
bs fries
kakigori

3 Likes

How many people will that feed?

1 Like

I was sort of disappointed in the pork belly. I’d order it again with a large group, but it’s merely perfect, skippable in case of a toss-up between that and one of the dishes you won’t get anywhere else.

that list sans the duck crispy rice fed my party of four gluttons with some leftovers.

I’m contemplating coming here instead of Republique. What say you?

how big is your party?

2 :sweat_smile:

BUT, I’ll still order the following if I do go:
butter honey black truffle, spicy lamb, stuffed peppers, APL style ribs

That’ll be a shitload of food. And this is ME saying this…

1 Like

I think you’d have a substantial quantity of leftover ribs. The other three dishes are a modest amount of food.

I guess I’ll just stick with Republique.

do you hate not being able to order OOE on the menu? are you tired of missing out on those large format dishes everybody is raving about? do you need more belly real estate? we’ve got the solution for you, rent-a-@PorkyBelly. we can match you with the optimal number of eaters to allow you to order anything you want on the menu without feeling like a glutton. All FTC members get their first rental free of charge, call today.

19 Likes

Precisely! Looking at Resy, they have no opening for the weekend where I made reservations at Mozza and Republique so I’ll keep you in mind for my future visit to Majordomo…perhaps in a month or 2! Thanks!

1 Like

Can I rent you for AYCE at Souplantation? I have a surgeon friend who specializes in repairing ruptured viscus.

I’ll send my best intern.

3 Likes

Problem solved. A reservation for 2 opened up on 3/3 for Majordomo’s patio (how is the patio??) so I took that and moved my Republique reservation up to Friday. Still haven’t figured out how we can finish all the food we’ll order at Majordomo though…

The patio is nice. The bar/front room, back room and the patio all have a different ‘feel’ to them but all are nice.

2 Likes

Leftovers aren’t the worst problem to have!

3 Likes

if you order the APL whole plate ribs, make sure to reserve them before your dinner

1 Like

What’s wrong with leftover ribs?