Majordomo - Chinatown

Didn’t know that you knew Gary Clark Jr!

1 Like

Hahaha. It did seem like your food was coming out slowly.

How was the rib eye? I think for 50% of the price it might be a better option than the short rib. It allows you to diversify and get more items at the same price point. The guarantee of BS fries is key as well. We wanted to get a crispy rice but felt redundant.

1 Like

I love the short rib! The wagyu rib-eye is just the round, which takes away the best part…the cap! Still, it was delicious and very simple. The fries are good but not something I need at Majordomo. The stuffed peppers are and have always been the best thing and one fried thing is enough for me per dinner lol. You get about 5x more meat with the short rib so it’s better to share! I miss the crispy duck rice…that was such an amazing shareable entree. I hope they bring it back.

6 Likes

guys - how am I going to put my daughter through college!?

19 Likes

Now serving vegan “carne asada” made from “mushroom root protein.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpL2VeZNmwJ/

dc is an investor in meati

2 Likes

Closest thing we have to them bringing the crudite plate back. I’m in!

1 Like

The domojang is excellent.

(new) tuna tataki - honey, citrus, habanero

nice balance of fatty tuna with the kumquat and habanero.

(new) meati steak salad - market vegetables, macadamia, lemongrass

this dish reminded me of a sauceless nam prik ong with a bit more texture. the meati was nicely spiced and flavored, the fried nori rice crackers acted like chicharrones. this would go well in a bolognese or crispy taco.

(new) fried shrimp - salsa seca, walnuts, honey

this dish used to be with ox tails or fried potatoes, now it’s a fun play on honey walnut head-on and shell-on shrimp.

bs fries

(new) iberico pork - spring onion, fish sauce, lime

pork juicy and tender and just as good as the excellent pork chop that they did briefly, only thing missing was the fat cap. dipping sauce was like a thai crying tiger sauce, goes great with a bowl of :rice: wish there were more grilled onions.

(new) cheesecake - ume, cherry, nori

this was sitting on a bed of kinako and nori powder, not too sweet.

14 Likes

Those new dishes looks great. I’m excited to try the Meati. Signed up on the website but doesn’t look like it’s available in supermarkets right now.

4 Likes

Is meati a beyond meat type substitute?

1 Like
1 Like

Product ingredients

Meati Steak (Mushroom Root, Salt, Natural Flavor, Fruit Juice for Color, Oat Fiber, Vegetable Juice and Lycopene for Color) Seasoning Blend (Dehydrated Garlic, Salt, Sugar, Spices, Paprika, Dehydrated Onion, Cilantro, Olive Oil, Natural Flavors, Extractives of Paprika).

The word “unprocessed” seems inappropriate here.

2 Likes

duck crispy rice sighting… at the bellagio :sob:

8 Likes

Easy flight to Vegas

I really enjoyed this. I didn’t tell anyone what it was when I ordered it, they just saw “steak”, so I asked for everyone’s opinion after. Everyone loved it. Then I told them it was mushroom based and they were all pretty shocked.

7 Likes

pork belly crispy :rice: sighting

6 Likes

Salsa seca with fried shrimp sounds like a nice variation.

2 Likes
1 Like

(new) dungeness crab salad, ginger, green almond, asparagus

sugar snap peas, horseradish, lemon vinaigrette

(off-menu special) duck breast, soubise, citrus

pavlova, citrus, shiso, brown butter

11 Likes