May 2023 Rundown

Happy Mother’s Day to all Moms, Grannies, Aunties, Sisters and all who Mother!!! Hope whatever you’re doing today it’s exactly what you want!!! :hibiscus: :two_hearts: :sun_with_face:

16 Likes

awaiting your perfect bang bang at Needle x PRD

8 Likes

Los Poblano’s asada and mixto. Always great tacos.

Proudly Serving. Isn’t this suppose to be a smash? It’s fine I guess.

10 Likes

I didn’t know they were a smash burger? Definitely does not look very smashed to me. Now I’m not sure if I want to go, it’s always been on my list to try.

LLCoolJ

4 Likes

Hi JL, thanks for the La Esplanoa rec over the years. I want that squid ink paella. That house bocadillo is one of the best sandwiches I ever had

2 Likes

I was pretty disappointed tbh

2 Likes

I didn’t love the squid ink paella last time we had it. Haven’t tried the regular one though.

Bocadillo is sooo good

2 Likes

I had a date shake from Crystal Cove Shack Shack.

It tastes better than In N Out’s shakes (it should for $8) and there’s a great view!

I’ll try In N Out shake again to jog my memory soon.

I lived in SoCal all of my life, though I had never been to a State Park until yesterday. It was worth using the Uber $100 Voucher I was given while Tesla’s in the shop. I didn’t need to pay for parking! Same for Down Town Disney.

7 Likes

Paderia’s horchata! Wow. Why is it so good.

12 Likes

Ruby bbq. Sui yuk is still amazing. Half duck was also juicy.

Not sure if prices went up or wife got ripped off but half duck, half lb pork cost 35 bucks.

10 Likes

sooooo gooood
I do think prices have gone up.

3 Likes

henry’s cuisine

salad of deep fried salted pig feet

15 Likes

Tried the matcha horchata last weekend. It was very good, but too much sugar for me after already devouring a triple chocolate cookie. I forget how thick the cookies are, too. The Santa Monica location also has a new Katsu Bar location that just opened next door. Going to check it out over the weekend.

4 Likes

I look forward to you finding me some bagels!!! Or if by a miracle you find real lox, not this smoked nova stuff*

*ok it’s delicious too, but you can get smoked salmon everywhere, but not lox.

3 Likes

You can order real lox online. I’ve never seen it in California.

https://russanddaughters.goldbelly.com/salt-cured-belly-lox?ref=search

2 Likes

Thank you! Unfortunately, my friend, I’m on a budget. Shit is so expensive.

There used to be several places here to get it and as all of them they just stopped carrying it over time or the places went out of business. Juniors and there was a deli in Northridge (not Brent’s)

Fairly recently, Maury’s bagels used to have it. They stopped. belly lox was actually on the menu. Now he’s a sellout calling his nova “lox”.

Even ACME closed their online store.

2 Likes

Ooh, thanks for the tip. I drive by frequently but hadn’t checked recently.

I noticed that there are some Korean-inspired dishes on the menu. Does anyone know if it’s a Korean chain?

Folks pizza great and if I’m in the area again I’ll def stop by but not in my top tier.

5 Likes

Big bulbous burnt ass crust

2 Likes