Michelin California

Gjelina gjot gjacked.

5 Likes

How did board favorite gjusta jdo?

I made a reser for you at 7:30pm. See ya’ there!

No, it’s just statistics.

Majordomo and Cassia have Bibs though who can do that math?

I think Bib means they think it’s a standout value and The Plate just means they think it’s good enough to put in the book. Don’t expect Michelin to display the consistency they demand from those they judge.

1 Like

Bullshit. Any decent professional reviewer visits a lot of restaurants they don’t write up. The alternative is writing a shitload of reviews about bad to mediocre places that a pro would ignore. Frankly, it’s the worst part of the gig.

1 Like

By far the most egregious for me.

BTW, welcome!

1 Like

same. I thought the criteria was $175+ omakase for a star. Sushi Tsujita fits the bill and is better than a number of the ones on the list.

1 Like

Welcome to FTC!!

Nice username!

2 Likes

The new Michelin Guide California 2019 says that of all the wonderful things served by Chef Shunji at his restaurant, we MUST try this dish: Fried shrimp head?

9 Likes

Welcome, Michael!

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Spoken like a true sushi knob. I guess that’s what an intense six-month culinary “education” in France gets you.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I like Ginza Onodera by far the best of the sushi restaurants in LA (excluding Urasawa). I view Mori, Zo, and Shunji as a level below but still great (though Shunji has some great non-sushi dishes). And I did not care much for Tsujita in my one visit. I have not been to Shin.

Agreed on Sushi Tsuita. I’ve been a handful of times. While I always enjoy it, I’ve found the rice is inconsistent (often a bit overcooked) and the fish is frequently way too cold.

Farm to table with Swedish influence plus a view to boot. 3 stars!

2 Likes

It’s actually pretty close to the kottbullars served in Sweden. Long live lingonberry sauce.

Those don’t that a secret ingredient like mine does.

2 Likes

Edit: My posting of this articles does not necessarily mean that I agree nor disagree with the opinions expressed. I just thought it may be of interest to people on this thread.

1 Like