Mini Kabob

Don’t forget Egg Slut and Din Tai Fung. Too bad this route doesn’t pass by Porto’s a block away.

2 Likes

I’m here. I have to wait about 50 min.

I got the last of the eggplant. I guess I can walk around the Americana

9 Likes

Going to walk to Zhengyalov

2 Likes

Ko Juice in the area for a Cococane copycat. Pretty nice on a day like today.

2 Likes

:heart: :blush: :heart:

10 Likes

13 Likes

I love this place. The food. The service. Everything. Get down here and give it a try. The chicken cutlet, come on! The luleh are juicy and flavorful just the way I like it.

10 Likes

This is the nicest family in the business. Armen and his parents are incredibly hospitable. I can’t believe how good the chicken is here.

10 Likes

I want to but…

A 50 minute wait is no joke.

3 Likes

rookie mistake, call ahead. armen will give you a curiously specific pickup time to the minute.

9 Likes

good listen. shout out to @euno and hamlet’s kitchen

13 Likes

I Iike the best of the best idea!

Get your ass over to Mini Kabob.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this! And since you guys are FTC and I love y’all

• Hovik’s Famous Meats Granada Hills, CA
  • Art’s Bakery Glendale, CA
  • Hamlet’s Kitchen
  • Taste of Tehran
  • Mini Kabob
  • Tarme Mediterranean Grill (for the burger).

Outtakes (Still good, just ran out of time!)

• Aroma Cafe’s Pljeskavica (Balkan/Bosnian kebab “burger”), wish I could’ve talked about this one
  • Kebab “pizza” and just everything with carbs in it at Furn Saj, Granada Hills
  • The Valley being a very important place for kebabs
  • Darya in Orange, CA
  • The scene at Raffi’s on Saturday nights – it is popping. If you’re from out of town it is an experience unlike any other. Bentaygas, Lambos, Rolls in the parking lot, people dressed to the nines, all to eat kebabs.
17 Likes

Do you have specific recs on what to get at those 5 restaurants other than Mini Kabob and the burger?

3 Likes

listen to the pod! 55:54.

4 Likes

So in the pod I mentioned a dish that I used as a benchmark across all the kebab restaurants I tried… you’re going to have to listen to it to find out! (Hey, I can’t just give away the good stuff here and call myself a businessman! I’m jk.)

But with due respect to the Feet and Teeth Crew…

Hamlet’s Kitchen -

• Baby pork with cartilage
  • Pork ribs
  • Ikra (Eggplant Caviar)
  • Lebni
  • Ask for potatoes instead of rice; you’ll get the lavash either way

Hovik’s

• Pork shoulder shish
  • Babyback ribs
  • Lamb shish
  • Aragats (Armenian) / Natakhtari (Georgian) Tarragon or pear “lemonade”. Aragats’ tarragon is a lot more subtle, Natakhtari hits you in the face like a bag of bricks.

Rest might be posted somewhere else later…

13 Likes

thanks for doing all that epic leg work. @euno == chowkiss1999?

I’ll be trying hamlet’s and that burger very soon.

8 Likes

y’all my fellow legworkers. we’re all in this together. thank you guys for being you also!

9 Likes

Loved listening to that podcast!
Hate to say I’ve never been to Mini or any of the places discussed other than Taste of Tehran. And Fern Saj.

Got work to do.
Mini today
Thanks

3 Likes

Call first, and they’ll set up a time when they can have it ready. Weekends get really busy and they sell out fast. So best to also call first for that reason

2 Likes