Mini Kabob

don’t make a rookie mistake and call your order in first. and say hello to armen, one of the nicest guys.

beef lule
chicken cutlet
chicken thighs
eggplant caviar
pear soda

5 Likes

What time can you call? Opening 11?

2 Likes

yep, I think they start answering the phone about 30 minutes before opening at 11.

4 Likes

Is Hamlets a sit down or pickup only?
Is it also wise to order in advance there?

Is Hamlets a sit down or pickup only?

It’s NEITHER! believe it or not, lol. there’s a small area of tables created around trees where you can stand up and eat. I went last night and got the Sheyka (baby pork boneless) – if you’re not down for the cartilage this is the next best play.

It’s not that crowded right now so you can go and order. Also – cash only!!

5 Likes

for the uninitiated

6 Likes

Thanks, what a find.
WOW - great lunch.
The wife’s best bite of 2021.
Pork Cartilage and Combo Lula with Eggplant Caviar and that craxy tarragon sode (she wants to spike it with tequila later).

14 Likes

did they have potatoes?

1 Like

Of course I forgot all about the potatoes until the tray was done. Total idiot!

2 Likes

One thing about Fern Saj - their Beef Luleh is nothing special. Just ground meat as far as I could tell. Not bad but nothing like the beef at Hamlets, Taste of Tehran, or any number of Persian koibideh joints. Def stick with the shawarma or pizzas of you want meat there.

2 Likes

definitely agree. their lule is crumbly, tough sledding. the thing i wanted to talk about was their pizza which was one of the more addictive things i’ve eaten while on this trip! their other baked goods (fatayer, saj, etc.) were also great!!

4 Likes

Just to let folks know, you can pick up any one of several brands of tarragon soda - even in 2 liter bottles - at many markets, including small Russian markets such as Odessa and Tashkent in Valley Village; small Armenian markets in Glendale; Pacific Coast Food Co. in North Hollywood (aka: “The Russian Costco”) and Sunland Produce in Sun Valley. For that matter, other sodas (pear, buratino) from Russia, Armenia and former Soviet Union countries, and kvass as well.

5 Likes

also sold at super king - at least the one in altadena for sure. i admit that i have never been inclined to try it. maybe with roast chicken or poached salmon? and i think it’s two r’s.

2 Likes

Yep. Typo. Corrected.

That’s good info, thanks. It doesn’t surprise me that Super King in Altadena sells it. I wouldn’t be surprised that there are markets in Pasadena, especially along Washington, to get these sodas as well, I just haven’t explored the markets there.

I went the other day and the guy told me they are no longer doing potatoes! Hoping that was just for that day?? Anybody have intel on this?

2 Likes

Welcome to LA FTC!

No potatoes today either at Hamlet.

How was hamlet’s?

Smoky. :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:@hppzz???

@PorkyBelly how was mini kabob?

1 Like

mini kabob x hamlet’s kitchen

I need to plant one of these kebab trees :heart: :blush: :heart:

mini kabob - chicken lule, beef lule, chicken cutlet, chicken thighs

hamlet’s kitchen - baby pork cartilage

@euno fuck this was good. I will be back for this alone.

hamlet’s kitchen - pork ribs

20 Likes