Modo Hawaii Popup @ Mitsuwa Torrance

The Modo Hawaii mochi donut pop up is back @ Mitsuwa Torrance. I love me a Sidecar doughnut but these fresh-out-of-the-fryer, light and chewy donuts are pretty damn delicious.

They do three flavors a day - a sugar and two glazes, usually. The “glaze” seems like a flavored white chocolate and is best when fresh as it can make the donut feel heavy after sitting for a bit.

They said they’ll likely be there until the end of the year (when Mitsuwa is slated to move to the Del Amo Fashion Center).

Open Wed-Sat 11-6.

Modo Hawaii inside Mitsuwa Torrance
21515 Western Ave
Torrance, CA 90501

13 Likes

Prepare to wait in line. Worth the wait though!

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! I missed them when they were here in the summer.

1 Like

Weekdays have been pretty managaeable so far! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Same! But now my family’s been going every week since we realized they came back :woman_facepalming:t2: (Donut-bod season)

2 Likes

Those look delicious!

1 Like

Just went and had lunch at Santouka first. At 1pm on Saturday the line was only about 15 minutes.

2 Likes

I was there later this afternoon, around 2:30, and the length of the line scared me off (snaking around the side and across the walkway by the dining area) The flavors of the day sounded delicious. Which did you select?

Literally zero line the two times I went to Mitsuwa in Waikiki. Really great chew and good flavors. Better than Fill Bakeshop which is my only comparison.

1 Like

We got all three flavors - churro, lilikoi, and chocolate. All three are really good.

4 Likes

These are the flavors they have in Waikiki. These donuts are awesome.

8 Likes

Hot damn these were tasty. The raspberry was definitely the highlight.

7 Likes

I’m gonna try to go in the morning sometime this weekend (it’s a little bit of drive down to Torrance for me, so I can only go on weekends)…how’s the line usually around opening time?

2 Likes

feeling too old for pop-up nonsense… no line at Kansha

1 Like

I tried going to Kansha about 5 times.
Admittedly, it was always later in the night (after dinner), but EVERY TIME they were sold out of their ice creams.
I gave up.

2 Likes

the matcha parfait at Kansha…so good.

1 Like

oh weird. we’ve only been during the day.

FWIW, there was zero lines when I went on Thursday around 3pm. Walked up and had my donuts in less than a minute

1 Like

Kansha so good. Go early.

Modo x Sidecar x Kansha x Chantilly x King’s Hawaiian pre-post lunch/pre dinner dessert bang^5???

(1) Pre lunch at King’s Hawaiian for french toast and plain malasada.

Lunch at Nozomi for sushi lunch deluxe

Post lunch/Pre dinner
(2) Modo mochi donuts
(3) Sidecar donuts
(4) Chantilly black sesame cream puff
(5) Kansha black sesame ice cream

Dinner at Torimatsu for yakitori course

8 Likes