My Guerilla Tacos blurb, forgot if i posted it or not

Oh, yeah, true… well, I meant more in terms of being like a critically acclaimed B&M.

How do all the shitty places survive? =/

you overestimate the average american palate.

1 Like

That’s why the bandwidth of this fucking site is somewhat manageable so far.

what if every tom, dick, and jerry took over this fucking site ???

and that’s no fucking joke.

But look at how harsh even average Yelper’s are?

I would not consider a yelper to be representative of the average american palate - you need to like, talk to the people in line at Cheesecake Factory and BJ’s (2 hour waits on weekends, to this day).

1 Like

I don’t even know how to begin…

Closest I come is Cafe Gratitude…

I don’t get it. Cheesecake Factory and BJ’s are just as expensive as actual “good” restaurants, and significantly more than much better ones (like somewhere like Ruen Pair, or even like Night + Market)…

because fat, carbs, and sugar is delicious - 3 things BJ’s and CF have plenty of. I would most certainly bring my parents/relatives to Cheesecake Factory over Taco Maria/Guerilla Tacos, and they would prefer the taste of Cheesecake Factory as well.

Why would they??

Because they eat what they are accustomed to and they know no better.

( Carbs + Fat + Sugar ) / Cost = Satisfaction

When using that metric, there is no way TM or GT can compete against CF or BJ’s.

Potentially great point NS1 and we never seen to agree.

And that ain’t no fucking joke.

What a wonder anyone eats anything other than Ice Cream by the gallon then…

wait…you mean there are people on this earth that want to eat different things than i do?
i’m not sure i’m going to get over this.

I don’t have any personal investment in it. I’m just curious about it as a phenomenon.

It should be self-critical as well. Is there an answer to the question about why we go eat at places like Guerilla Tacos instead of the Cheesecake Factory?

yeah can you fucking believe it for fucking crying out loud ???

for instance, you and me might differ on the foods we enjoy eating.

it’s quite the sad state of affairs. but so it goes.

Some people like the flavor, taste, texture, and it goes without saying the hip coolness of getting those items from a truck, while others may like Cheesecake factory for the fact that the food tastes good to them whether the avocado egg rolls, the skirt steak, the Cajun shrimp jambalaya, the cheesecakes and the fact that to them the seats are very comfortable, the menu is wide wide wide ranging (one can even get orange peel chicken there or Chinese chicken salad or Thai noodles with a peanut-y sauce or even a blackened piece of drum fish, etc) and it’s busy to a proverbial fucking tee usually which some people like a busy restaurant rather than one that might be highly rated with profusive and effusive plaudits but empty as fuck.

just my 2.5 cents for fucking crying out loud.

What are some super highly rated restaurants that are empty as fuck???

Only one that leaps to my mind is like, Coni-Seafood. I guess Revolutionario was fairly empty when I went as well.

But oh yeah, my question is more like, are we fuckin’ retarded for paying 3x as much as CF peeps for food from like Bestia or some shit??

sure sounds like it and that’s no fucking joke.

Dude, where are the critically acclaimed restaurants with no crowdz??? Plzzz???

I went to revolutionario on a Sat or Sunday 1ish and they were doing brisk lunch business