Needle - Silver Lake

new menu is up

https://needlela.square.site/s/order

3 Likes

OMG Baked Pork Chop Rice with tomato sauce and Baked Seafood Pasta with cream sauce!!!

HK cafe classics! Get some iced lemon tea from Savoy before going.

Baked Pork Chop Rice :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Is cheese part of the usual HK repertoire?

1 Like

For baked pork chop rice? Yes sirrrr.

Another example would be baked lobster with cheese.

3 Likes

I don’t see baked pork chop rice on the menu.

1 Like

It was there earlier, but it looks like it is gone now.

2 Likes

@PorkyBelly must’ve gotten the last order

3 Likes

The baked seafood pasta with cream sauce is still a good choice as well as chicken steak with black pepper sauce. Chef Ryan is gonna knock it out the park.

1 Like

Can’t wait for the LA FTC reviews on the new menu! Do me proud guys.

1 Like

Yes, this definitely has my name on it.

1 Like

hi @TheCookie
piping hot off the presses. back on :pig:
thanks.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CY-MYtYPh9e/

3 Likes

Not the most beautiful plate of pork chop rice I’ve seen but can’t wait to try it for our guy @JeetKuneBao

2 Likes

Black pepper sauce only belongs on only one thing, IMHO: filet mignon. :smiley:

Agree it looks kinda weird tbh but I am sure the taste is great. The baked seafood looks good

Black pepper sauce goes good on everything! Another classic HK cafe sauce.

2 Likes

LOL

2 Likes

I’m just partial to filet mignon b/c that’s what I would get w/ my dad as a kid/pre-teen when Helena Cafe opened all those yrs ago in Alhambra… :slight_smile:

needle is back with an updated takeout menu.

shout-out to the packaging. chef ryan must be at least a little ocd because everything I see is spotless and the packaging is always so neat and organized.

baked pork chop rice - peads & barnett’s berkshire pork chop, fried rice, tomato sauce, cheese
delicious. perfectly cooked pork topped with cheese and a sweet and savory sauce all over chef ryan’s textbook fried rice. would order again. so good :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart: and more comforting than watching a-aron and the :goat: get eliminated in the same weekend.

baked seafood pasta - wild local black cod, linguini, cream sauce, spinach, mushroom, cheese
this one might have suffered from the travel time the most and is probably best eaten piping hot out of the oven. the linguini started clumping and was hard to twirl, maybe a tubular pasta would be better.

chicken steak rice - mary’s organic boneless chicken leg, white rice, black pepper sauce, vegetables
where can I get some chickens with boneless legs? chicken was again perfectly cooked and so comforting with some rice.

chow udon - peads & barnett’s berkshire pork jowl, udon, cabbage, onion, black bean
great chew on the udon, a bit under seasoned.

fin
:heart:

17 Likes

Congrats to Chef Ryan on the new addition to his family!

7 Likes

i hope there’ll be char siu take out in the future

2 Likes