Needle - Silver Lake

@TheCookie review forthcoming?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Chq4lytOlR4/

7 Likes

They’re back!

6 Likes

:eyes:

8 Likes

Someone please eat that for me. That is like a McRib to the highest degree. Eat two of them than bang bang with PRD Baked Pork Chop Rice that would be perfect

3 Likes

TLDR: We’re still here and our babies are sad about it.

As fate would have it, we’re still here.

I don’t want to air all the dirty laundry, but I do feel I owe an explanation. Long story short, we received an offer that was hard to refuse, but what was supposed to be a straightforward 30-day escrow turned into a nightmare-ish 4+ months full of delays, a million obstacles and terms that kept changing on us. Being a younger minority couple with no attorneys or corporate backing did not help our cause at all. In the end, we refused to keep acquiescing to the constant changes and demands thrown at us, and the deal fell through in the final hour.

So, we are starting back at square one and trying to regroup and plan our next steps. It’s unfortunate that I won’t have the extra time off I had hoped and planned for to spend time with my babies, but I know I am very fortunate to have a family that understands. Stay tuned for more news and updates on how you can help support Needle (a great start would be making it out this weekend)!

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChaYohHv5fY/

4 Likes

nobody asked to please eat this for them so I had to do it myself. i identified as vegan for today.

salted yolk french toast - milk bread, salted duck egg yolk custard, condensed milk, maple syrup

I want to float down this river of condensed milk and maple syrup in an inflatable chinese donut.

cold brew jasmine tea

lychee lemonade, basil seed, mint

eggplant, bamboo, scallion, garlic soy

tofu, enoki, fresno, garlic, fu yue

if you liked the crispy, piping hot eggplant from dinner @TheCookie @attran99 @rlw @NYCtoLA you’ll love this tender, piping cold version with garlic soy and crunchy bamboo shoots. light and goes great with some piping hot :rice:

20 Likes

Me too! :blush:

The cold eggplant dish sounds deelish too!

6 Likes

You are doing the Almighty’s work, @PorkyBelly!

4 Likes

So needle is re-open? Or are they doing a pop up out of somewhere?

I went to the website and it looks like it was pre-order for the weekends? Are they doing dine in/walk ups?

They’ve reopened at the same location with a limited menu. Weekends only I think.

3 Likes

Those French toast pics are some of the best food pics I seen on this site sexy af

5 Likes

The dish itself is inherently sexy which helps, every picture I’ve seen looks enticing.

1 Like

Better question would be… is it possible to take a bad picture of their french toast?

1 Like

is this confirmed? the website says they are open from Wednesday on??? now it’s just weekends? I want to check but no one answers their phone there

now wed to sat 11-4

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci_q5_ALKVy/

5 Likes

really enjoyed this

:new: Vegan Bean Curd Choy: numbingly delicious, so well balanced :balance_scale: “Bean curd, yu choy, soybean, pumpkin seed, prickly ash.”

Apparently they have a delivery option :exploding_head:
Wed thru Sat, 11-4pm

7 Likes

The OG Charsiu 1.0 with an egg before the 2.0 this week

7 Likes

Charsiu 2.0🫰this week

Do you notice any changes?

9 Likes

Welcome!

3 Likes