NOREE THAI on Beverly (from Chef Pia and Chef Fern of Luv2Eat)

yes, i do very much like them… i probably prefer the fried chicken they do at luv2eat more.

1 Like

Pretty dead for lunch today. These chefs need to be there and cook with love and care which is how they became such hot shit in LA in the first place. They’re perhaps expanding too fast as is. I had a quite average turmeric soup today but it was what the doctor ordered after pounding my guts in the wine country for 4 days.

$19 NB

2 Likes

Totally craze

4 Likes

Anyone have the Braised Baby Squid in Ink recently?

so the crab curry… it’s now so on point at Noree… they’re making it spicier … just right for me. and we prefer the crab out of the shell like that for this dish… really loved it last night.

unfort. the green dry curry fried rice with crispy pork and eggplant wasn’t nearly as on point as the dank foodpron pic they put up.

2 Likes

Nobody else is making proper spicy food out this way. This green curry was phenomenal as was yet another plate of the butterfly bean flower sticky rice with mango

3 Likes

I wanna try their massaman curry…

Speaking of mango sticky rice…at Sepulveda x Palms (TJ lot)

https://www.instagram.com/mymangostickyrice2019/

1 Like

I tried this last week. I found it to be not so great. Way, way too much of the condensed milk/sweetness. Made it cloying. Which is too bad because when I got the box with it I felt like I won the lottery given how beautiful it looked.

2 Likes

I almost ordered the Massaman yesterday. Beef ?

Certainly not a curry expert myself, but I really enjoy the sweet potato one at N+M Sahm (or did I have it at the WeHo location?).

Massaman tofu is quite good but everything is trending very sweet here unless ordering some authentic dishes. Guess they’re adjusting to what Americans expect of Thai? Coincidentally it was packed today, haven’t seen that in ages

2 Likes

I agree with you about the sweet food, etc. but I’m happy for them.

Thai has loads of sweet dishes in general but on More obscure things they’re not dumping sugar . Things white people tend to order like curry and salad dressing they just make into dessert

Maybe it’s silly

Maybe it’s what’s working

1 Like

That doesn’t look like any massaman curry I had in Thailand

1 Like

You’re not in Thailand.

1 Like

Wait what?? Are you sure?

2 Likes

probably because i ordered tofu as if i’m gastro-disabled (c)

Am I off base here? Happy to be checked.

Noree is struggling even more than usual now. There’s never any action when I’m picking up. I don’t know how much delivery business they do but they should be trying to survive by making people want to come back imo.

Half the time staff doesn’t pick up. Fine if busy busy. last week I was told 45 minutes for 2 pad see ew orders so went to a competitor

Today the Kao Soi came out with a ridiculously small noodle order. Granted that’s before the liquid and they’re compressed, and this is how much Pailin serves too but whyyyy. Why skimp on the noodle? Easily the lowest food cost to this dish. Doubling the noodle can’t cost them more than a dime. ?

I’ll try to order extra noodle next time I guess. Weird paying $15 for a noodle dish with not even enough noodles for a kid lol

4 Likes

Idk… the first time I called for a delivery (direct, not 3rd party) in the early stage of shelter-at-home the discount code for customers who ordered direct was “savenoree”… not a good sign and I think the deliverer was Chef Fern, herself. The food was fast, hot & good (not great). The 2nd time (well into the pandemic) they said they were really busy… good for them bad for us. The food was extremely late, not super hot and with the exception of the Tofu Pad See Ew it was just okay and some of it was terrible. I don’t know what’s going on but we’re giving them one more shot.

1 Like

Standards are higher when fern or pla are at the shop . Sergio effect. But I haven’t seen them there for ages. I loved our order yesterday aside from the noodle portion for liliputians

1 Like