Pandemic Al Fresco Dining Done Well

Felix has done a good job creating an outdoor dining space behind (helped out, in part, by the closure of Hal’s next door) and Pasjoli has set up comfortable tables along Main Street and also has a lovely back patio. Buffalo Club just recently reopened with a large, well-spaced patio and, thus far, word does not appear to have gotten around as only a few were taken.

1 Like

I think I had mentioned it in another thread, but Dialogue had been doing an outdoor wine bar called Tidbit by Dialogue. Not sure if it’s still going b/c I see no mention of it on their website.

Tidbits is still going, though I have not gone. Tickets on Resy (under Dialogue) or walk-in. This week,Tidbits is supposed to have soft shell crab on the menu so I am tempted to stop in for that reason alone.

1 Like

I’ll be DTLA tomorrow (Pershing Square) for a tough series of meetings. Any good places where I can sit, have a civilized cocktail and small nosh for happy hour/dinner? In predemic days, I would have gone to Vespaio bar, or the Redwood Tavern. I’ll likely be solo.

I will have a car and can drive anywhere close to DTLA - I live in Boyle Heights.

Rossoblu is in my head as a good place. Does anyone know how the seating/reservations game is? My end work time is a little hazy so I’d like to drop in if possible. I have Bestia/Bavel earmarked for a more than solo celebration - whenever that timing works!

1 Like

Redbird and Rappahannock Oyster Bar come to mind…

4 Likes

Bar Ama is one of my go-to happy hour spots–especially for margs and nachos–and they have a nice patio set up. Plus you can get some of the Baco dishes if you stay for dinner.

7 Likes

Manuela

1 Like

Anyone know what’s going on in Manhattan Beach dining al fresco wise? Trying to set up a dinner there for a Wed night

Jame Enoteca has outdoor dining in nearby El Segundo.

MB post is open for dine in. Their seating area is open air but I don’t know if it could be considered wholly outdoors.

1 Like

From LA Mag

1 Like

Coni Seafood’s patio has gotten much nicer over the years. I found their food as good as, if not better than, ever this past weekend despite the absence of Sergio.

1 Like

My niece & her sweetheart were visiting from NYC and I sent them to Mozza. They loved it. She texted me while still at the table “Omg SO GOOD. This Orecchiette Sausage is incredible I can’t even handle it.” :grin:

Edit: She wants to join FTC NYC @Sgee! And @JeetKuneBao?.. Where are you now?

9 Likes

NYC :wink:

1 Like

Went to Kali last night and it was outstanding!
They managed to create a very nice atmosphere in there back parking lot to the point that you do not know you are on the parking lot. It feels like one of those Oscar type party event spaces.
The food and the service were fantastic. Dry aged ribeye and fennel bone in pork chop ruled the night. If you are looking for pandemic al fresco dining done well, Kali is the ticket!

6 Likes

Any updates on who’s making the most of the bad situation?

Interesting comment in this Times article today from the owner of Broad Street Oyster Co. that they’re doing so well with outdoor dining and drive-through that they may never return to indoor seating.

3 Likes

majordomo
gjelina
connie & ted’s
cassia

1 Like

Next level makeshift outdoor dining. New buildout at Spago.

6 Likes

Phenakite by Porridge and Puffs.

5 Likes

broken spanish

Is it open or is that an architect’s rendering? Sci-fi.