Pasadena Updates

Told my daughter we were getting pizza next to her old preschool and she said “U street?!?!?!” with great excitement. But she was then disappointed when we told her it was Luggage Room.

3 Likes

How is Luggage Room pizza? We’ve been thinking about going because they have lots of outdoor seating and share space with Stone Brewing–pizza and IPA, yes!

Luggage room is not bad I think on Tuesday’s they have BOGO,

2 Likes

I like it. Sourdough crust so has a chew to it. They have two spots next to each other. One is wood fire (sit down restaurant) and one is a gas oven (take out). The wood fire ones are better imo

1 Like

What’s a good semi nice lunch spot with proper outdoor seating (ie. no parking lot dining)?

Green Street Restaurant?

1 Like

Pasadena-adjacent, there’s Mike & Anne’s in South Pas. Big, proper patio.

2 Likes

agnes

3 Likes

Went to the new tartine bakery.

$5 for a croissant that was crunchy dry and burnt. Didn’t notice until I took it out of the bag while in my car

1 Like

Not sure how the Pasadena one compares to the Santa Monica location, but the only thing I would return for is the green goddess salad dressing.

if you don’t mind slightly south, nicole’s in south pasadena had a few tables set up outside , but i haven’t been there since the pandemic. alas nicole is no more, but IIRC her daughter now runs the place.

apparently a new restaurant featuring “american fare” called the george is going to open on the 1600 block of e washington with a soft opening anticipated by the end of march.

Joseph, Archalous, and Caroline Geragosian of Old Sasoon Bakery on Allen have been nominated for “Outstanding Baker” in this year’s James Beard Foundation awards.

7 Likes

I think Luggage Room is much better than not bad.

4 Likes

Hummus labs. Must eat for a casual more modern Lebanese food.

The owner Joseph put together a half veggie half meat place for us to eat while we were drinking wine outside.

Fried cauliflower, yogurt slices marinated oyster mushroom, lamb chops, chicken kabobs on rice. Awesome stuff.

Lamb is special order but my friends swear by it.

The pita chip nachos are crazy addictive too. They stay pretty crunchy with the sauce.

11 Likes

Great burg + Lebanese. So inspiring!

haha. My only requirement is sparkling water. They stock the fridge for us based on that request. HA!

1 Like

Hardly related but reminds me of this lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/notlaneydelaney/status/1114221623199043587?lang=en

2 Likes

Did Chef Tony Pasadena reopen?

1 Like

The net suggests it’s open, but no one answers the phone.