Pasjoli - Santa Monica

Looks like they’re adding a top menu and multiple new pages to the site. Work in progress, probably.

My guess is that $00 should be A.Q.

Haha yeah I gathered as much, that was more a stoned open letter to Beran saying I’m down for anything he does with skate.

Also last sweetbreads I had were at KASS. Incredible veal with morels and risotto.

Wouldn’t mind Berans Sweetbreads though. He already had (still has? ) the braised veal cheek. So good

Just a funny placeholder menu to stumble across

Menu is online. The broccolini makes the $10 onion look like a steal.

7 Likes

Lol! That has to be a mistake unless they are giving you the whole Bayonne ham!

2 Likes

PLATS À PARTAGER
canard à la Rouennaise à la presse (Escoffier 3476)
whole roast duck, salad of salanova lettuce and duck leg, gratin dauphinois
165 for two (subject to availability)

#YOLODuck

1 Like

thon et tomate - marinated tuna, heirloom tomato, yogurt

quenelle - scallop, caviar beurre blanc
i wasn’t expecting such a soft texture on the quenelle, almost like warm butter. pretty good.

tartare de bœuf - traditional, nasturtium, country toast
tartare was good, the toast was a bit too toasted and hard.

foie de poulet à la strasbourgeoise - chicken liver, brioche, truffle
probably the best you can do to get your foie fix in the state of california.

tournados au poivre - tenderloin, cognac and peppercorn jus, potato purée
i never order a filet, because ribeyes, and it’s usually more boring than a dmv waiting room, but i needed to try this to complete the ooe. really glad i ordered this, it had that perfect peppercorn crust and was more tender than the baby jesus. the buttery, creamy sauce was incredible and was a great complement to the lean steak. it also came with a side of delicious mashed potatoes. highlight @Chowseeker1999, @TheCookie, @Bookwich, @attran99

turbot meunière - turbot, brown butter, lemon, roasted winter greens

(new) riz au lait - rice pudding, 8-hour roasted pineapple, rum
the pineapple “jus” was intensely pineapple-y, almost like a syrup. use it sparingly with the pudding.

(new) mont blanc - chestnut, salted caramel, meringue
i liked the crispy meringue, the filling was a bit too sweet.

10 Likes

Were the tournados and turbot served at the same time?

I’m lovin’ this place. How was the Thon et Tomate? Looks interesting.

1 Like

That is a beautiful meal!

1 Like

We were just there Saturday night and that turbot was one of the best prepared pieces of fish we’ve ever had. Tender, flaky, and just cooked through. The butter doesn’t hurt, either.

2 Likes

yes

Looking delish gonna have to do an sm run soon

1 Like

it was good, like a tuna tartare, a nice light starter. for appetizers i would rank it behind the onion tart and tied with the crab.

2 Likes

(new) canard bourdelaise - duck confit, preserved cherry, country bread
Like a perfectly balanced sweet, rich, and savory duck stew with topped with pieces of crispy bread. Highlight.

ragout d’oignons caramelises - caramelized onion, gruyere, pate brisee
A soup-less french onion soup inside a crispy tart. Delicious.

poussin farci - whole young chicken, butternut squash, blanquette de volaille
Chicken stuffed chicken. Chef david makes a stuffing out of the thighs and stuffs it back into the breasts. And I stuff it into my mouth. Highlight @Chowseeker1999, @TheCookie, @attran99, @Bookwich

(new) tarte au fruit de la passion - green chartreuse crème

11 Likes

Funny! This restaurant is making me crazy.

2 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

Is that half a passion fruit tart?

Is the pressed duck still being served?

1 Like

That’s one order of the passion fruit tart.

Yep at $165. But there’s a limited number per night so reserve in advance.

Omelette aux truffles; fines herbes, black truffle, gruyere.

Loved the salad, hazelnut vinaigrette was perfectly balanced.

I asked for a glass of white burgundy, and while I do like a nice Chablis, this is in no way a $22/glass wine.

I like the ambiance, but the portions are tiny and the food a bit bland. I actually requested salt. It was excellent salt. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

How was the omelette? Best omelette I have had recently was at the Nomad Hotel in NYC. It was perfect. Looking to recreate it. Hate the omelette at Petit Trois. Tried the omelette at Nomad downtown L.A. recently — close but no cigar. Think it sat around the kitchen before they brought it to me. The only reason I want to go to Pasjoli is for the omelette,