Pasjoli - Santa Monica

Journeyman in Atwater Village was a no tipping restaurant. Price on menu is what you pay.

That all looks fantastic.

Except for serving Époisses in a bowl with jam. Only in America.

Trying to decide what the perfect meal for 1 would be? Tuna, Pate & Cheese? Wine - how is there by the glass list anything interesting

1 Like

Hah! I like that the Epossises looks like an ice cream Sunday. Tacky but brilliant

1 Like

Libations menu

2 Likes

I’m in! This looks so much like my kind of food. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow, I’m impressed even the lemonade looks fun and interesting

1 Like

Bottles?

My mouth is watering.

Does it make me a hypocrite because I don’t want to eat veal but I’ll eat a baby chicken?.. I’ll answer that. Yes!

4 Likes

I think you can eat and drink whatever you damn well please :wink:

2 Likes

$50 corkage FYI.

2 Likes

When I order a piece of Époisses, I want to eat every last gram of it with no jam.

In American restaurants I always tell them to put any condiments on the side. I’m just disappointed that will be necessary at Pasjoli since in many ways they’re so French. I guess maybe cold baguette without butter would be a special order as well.

All French liqours and bier.
I ordered a Manhattan with bourbon but, of course, il n’y a pas de bourbon.
They made a nice one…with French Whisky!

1 Like

Ouch at the wine markups! I get that these prices include tip but still…geez.

ie. Jean Collet Chablis is a $25 bottle and they’re charging $22/glass. Ooof.

Next time you are down our way Epicurus has Epoisses for $7 for 250 grams. Picked up a beautiful one there two weeks ago, https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/92700be0-5fa5-4e1a-9249-a64e798bb4c8/downloads/In%20Stock%20Product%20List%20-%209.20.19.pdf?ver=1569034504251

1 Like

More pics from last Thursday night with some fellow FTC’ers:

Onion tart, omelette, and turbot were incredible. @aaqjr I’d go with one or two of those for a solo meal. Save any omelette and tart leftovers for breakfast.

Table-side duck prep. Like @J_L said, it’s a 3/10 on the FOMO scale:

10 Likes

I am definitely a huge onion fan (is that weird, lol) so if it’s good I’m down.

1 Like

It was very good

Fairley Elliot - whose writing I generally enjoy, though it can veer into some annoying places - has just written perhaps the smarmiest, most sycophantic piece I have ever read about a restaurant:

Sounds like he just slipped out of bed with Chef Beran (or someone on the service staff, or possibly a publicist, or ALL THREE), wiped his chin, and started typing this awful, fawning, fluff.

“He is forever calm. And then, with a quick shimmy,”
“…a hint of exclusivity and wonder”
“…enjoyed individually and in the moment as staff step tirelessly through the room”
“…[diners] need only to enjoy the moment, nestled happily between a focused service staff attuned to their needs, and a busy sidewalk curious to taste a bit of the magic themselves”

It’s like an MDMA review.
Help: I need a Zofran, STAT!

11 Likes

The wine pours, the carts change places, and Beran may duck off to check in on Dialogue, the tasting menu restaurant he still oversees in Santa Monica as well.

3 Likes