Pasta sauces

Dry. It’s a De Cecco product.

1 Like

That’s right. Sometimes I go no tomato at all. Here I had a table spoon of tomato paste. I let it cook, then naturally cool down and absorb liquids. Fridge over night, next day warm up and hand pull then made into a sauce.

Interesting, what cuts of meat have you tried it with? Did you like how it came out

Pork shoulder, lamb shoulder, some other random cuts. It’s a lot less work than traditional ragù and I like the results just as much.

1 Like

I want to get some lamb’s neck now.

2 Likes

Nemroz, can post the recipe? or what you did? looks delish.

1 Like

— Recipe

Short Ribs:

for 4.5 lbs of short rib (this would serve about 6-8 hungry people).

• ⁠sautee a large onion in plenty of olive oil for 10 minutes
• ⁠add 8 cloves of garlic, some chopped finely, some smashed and left whole
• ⁠add 1 large carrot diced finely
• ⁠add 1 large sprig of rosemary now and another one after 3 hours of cooking
• ⁠add 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, caramelize fully, deglaze with a large glass of good red wine
• ⁠add the previously seared, seasoned spare ribs *add 2 cups of chicken (or beef or veg) stock you previously made and steeped with a lot of herb de provence for a half hour)
• ⁠cover, allow to slowly simmer for 3 hours, turning every hour or so, make sure liquid isn’t excaping or keep adding liquid. You’re braising so meat should only be partially covered by liquid.
• ⁠Allow the ribs to cool down naturally, absorbing the sauce. Refridgerate.

Next day you warm the short rib up and pull the meat by hand, taking care to discard fat chunks and the connective gristle.

Return to sauce, add liquid as needed. Once sauce has had the chance to simmer together for a while, spoon of the excess fat. There should be a lot.

Boil pasta to al dente, add to sauce to finish for the last 3 minutes. Parmigiano with heat off. Drizzle of olive oil if you’re nuts and need even more fat. Add more cheese after plating.

4 Likes

Thanks. Source?

:male_detective:

1 Like

I’m assuming you know the copyright laws regarding recipes.

Change a tsp and a cup . Won’t stand up in court

1 Like

@robert do you not care about this? AFAIK you can give a link to a recipe or you can copy the ingredients and then must paraphrase the instructions. Let us know how we should handle this please. TIA. Plus let’s face it, one shouldn’t pretend to have created someone else’s recipe.

Yuck

first @Nemroz never claimed that he wrote that recipe or that it is the product of his original work -just that that is the recipe he followed.

second he is not making any financial gain off said recipe.

third why are you such a busybody?

3 Likes

4th - who put you in charge? That’s why I asked robert.

What the frig are you talking about. Stop trolling me.

I made this variation up and I wrote the damned recipe

I wrote this on Reddit and copied it here. It’s a basic braise / ragu, why that would necessitate stealing is beyond me

I told myself many time I won’t be unkind to you because grannies on the internet and all, I’m really trying

4 Likes

You need to check yourself and allow for some processing time between your busybody urges and your posting.
Just read the recipe. There are loads of context clues that indicate this is an original recipe. Also, ingredient lists are not subject to copyright laws. Only when when copies a recipe and the instructions verbatim is it a violation.

I’m happy @Nemroz posted this as he did share some neat little personal tweaks like steeping some herbs de Provence in the stock, and hand tearing the meat, which is what makes the post special.

What precisely are you contributing with in this case. Seriously, ask yourself this question before you post. What positive effect will my post make? If you can’t think of anything positive, perhaps you should rethink posting.

3 Likes

For the record I don’t follow recipes, I don’t have recipe books. I get ideas from restaurants I eat at, from cooking shows I’ve seen, my last life in the kitchen and my relatives. Then I do what I think ill like more

7 Likes

I asked for a source and got a non-answer. Hence my question.

BTW, Nemroz is a “he”??? I’m truly shocked.

Last I’ll say on this.
I’m just going to invite you again to think about why you posted the way you did.
I mean, you got a reply you didn’t understand or weren’t satisfied with. So you accuse a poster of plagiarism and ask the sponsor of the site for intervention?
I mean, that’s seems like you got caught up in some feelings and needed to express that frustration or anger. But only you know.
BTW, this is after you posted some dismissive nastiness about what you perceived as over-saucing.
Really ask yourself why you’re reacting and posting in a way that the community is seeing as negative.

2 Likes