Peanut Butter & Mayonnaise Sandwich

I’ve put back a lot of peanut butter in my life

2 Likes

I used to go through pbj addicfion phases where I will eat like one or two per day for a week

2 Likes

Me too, lol. If I’m trying to watch my bread intake I put a couple dollops of PB&J in a cup and eat it. :relaxed: Side bar: I’m so happy WF & TJ’s now have the creamy no-stir kind like Jif & Skippy but without the evil hydrogenated oils.

2 Likes

I just had a spoonful of peanut butter.

1 Like

How could peanut butter not separate if you don’t add sone weird shit to stabilize it? The stuff I buy is just peanuts and salt. I stir it once before I put it in the fridge, big deal.

1 Like

Not sure how they do it. The one at WF does have a little oil at the top that needs to be stirred back in, the one at TJs doesn’t. They both have that Skippy creaminess but more peanut flavor, probably because they don’t have all that “weird shit”. They sell the crunchy too! :slightly_smiling_face:

You need dill pickles in there to cut the fat.

I’ve noticed a difference in the labeling of the products at Whole Foods recently. We buy the Santa Cruz brand.
The jars with the oil on top are labeled as peanut butter.
The jars that say “No Stir” that are already mixed up are labeled as peanut butter spread.
https://www.santacruzorganic.com/products/peanut-butter

2 Likes

I’ve seen Santa Cruz brand for years but haven’t had it yet. Will give it a try.

I feel like the general quality and product labeling has really declined for wf after it was bought by amazon

1 Like

I don’t disagree. Some of the 365 stuff is still pretty good like butter and eggs. We used to buy 365 PB but we changed to Santa Cruz a few months back.

1 Like

We usually get our peanut butter at Magee’s at The Original Farmer’s Market.

Santa Cruz “no stir” spread contains palm oil. It doesn’t say what percentage, but the peanut butter has 18 grams of fat, 2 grams saturated,t per 33-gram serving, and the spread has 18 / 4.

I bought Santa Cruz crunchy peanut butter when Trader Joe’s was out of the organic house brand I usually buy, and would not buy it again. Didn’t even finish the jar once the TJ’s was back in stock, I’ll make some cookies or satay or something with it.

I tried a PB&M sandwich last night. Not horrible but not an experience I need to repeat.

Just going to drop this here

3 Likes

I can’t find a recipe. The Doritos crust sounds dubious.

TheCookie, sponsor of…

Mayo Clinic

4 Likes

I :heart: Mayo!

2 Likes

But … what brand of mayonnaise, the inquisitive public wants to know.

1 Like