Pearl River Deli - Chinatown

some more sides for your chicken. mapo tufu had a nice balanced heat, and the meiji tofu was excellent. the macau pork chop bun is still the cat’s meow. but the surprise hit was the mushroom chow fun @attran99, @Ns1, @NYCtoLA, @TheCookie, @paranoidgarliclover, @Chowseeker1999, @Wakko11

Thanks for the rec @beanandcheese, @CletusVanDamme, @chowumla

macau pork chop bun

mapo tofu

mushroom chow fun

char siu pork

14 Likes

I gotta try that mapo tofu and mushroom chow fun :yum: maybe this weekend!

3 Likes

Nice. I added the mapo tofu to my order for tomorrow.

1 Like

I know!

Are the chops now boneless going forward? Definitely going to miss finishing the bun then going at the bone.

Tha mapo tofu has meat in it but maybe you can ask for one without meat? They also sell the mapo tofu sauce in their fridge, they also carry Meiji tofu so you can DIY

3 Likes

Mapo tofu with Meiji Tofu… That is luxury.

3 Likes

Yep, I recall seeing on their Instagram that they sell the mapo sauce and Meiji by itself, so I’ll just do that. Can’t wait to try.

4 Likes

You may already know this but mapo sauce is also great with Japanese eggplant!

4 Likes

That mapo tofu truly is the stuff! Love the peppercorns in it. Sorta wish there was a little ground pork in it, but still some of the best I’ve had.

1 Like

I’m not sure about PRD’s sauce, but mapo tofu sauce in general has meat in it.

We do it with beef because we felt the pork got lost in there to the point we might as well not have it, instead we decided to stick with ground beef which is supposedly more traditional.

Also some of our pork chops have been boneless because of pandemic sourcing I have no choice but to get boneless chops. I’ve been forced to be adaptable during these times.

9 Likes

It still tastes great. Not complaining at all.

1 Like

You can’t tell from the picture and I couldn’t tell just by looking at it, but there is a bone there. Watch where you bite.

1 Like

I bought their mapo sauce and a couple of packs of the Meiji tofu. It was perfect! Their mushroom chow fun is amazing too!

2 Likes

can anybody report on the protest situation here?

7 Likes

I’m scheduled to pick up at noon.

Mine is 11:45 but I’m heading out soon to pick up a pie at Fat & Flour and then prob wax paper.

please report back @attran99

1 Like

Just got to Chinatown. No issues. GCM looked relatively quiet maybe since it’s early but I did curbside pickup so didn’t go in.

4 Likes