Petit Trois Le Valley

le valley > l’original.
bigger space, bigger menu, better fries.
i couldn’t figure out why the fries at le valley were so much better than l’original until i listened to air jordy. it’s because le valley has enough room for a freezer so they freeze their fries as opposed to using fresh ones at l’original. @Chowseeker1999, @TheCookie, @Bookwich, @attran99

i’ll be back for the le valley-only poulet roti

le pain
The best baguette in la or the greatest baguette in la?

tomato-braised lamb meatballs, lamb, pork, garlic bread

steak frites, cognac pepper sauce
the fries with the cognac pepper sauce is incredible

(le valley exclusive) chocolate souffle, chocolate sauce, chantilly

petit_trois_le_valley_20180721_133551

ron burgundy escargot - garlic, parsley, butter
I don’t care for fast food. This should be described as butter and garlic garnished with nautilus (nautili?).
petit_trois_le_valley_20180721_133455

petit_trois_le_valley_20180721_133734

omelette (the ludo tamago) - boursin pepper cheese, chives
Is the after-dinner omelette considered second dinner or first breakfast? #askingforafriend
petit_trois_le_valley_20180721_133838

petit_trois_le_valley_20180721_133933

not toto
petit_trois_le_valley_20180721_134114

bacon and onion tart, parmesan, thyme
besides the burnt crust this was delicious, creamy sweet onions with bacon pieces that weren’t too salty on a crispy puff-pastry like crust.

poulet roti, roasted garlic jus, potato puree
this looked great and had a crispy skin, but unfortunately was poorly executed. the leg and thigh were okay but the breast was horribly dry and overcooked and the sauce a bit too salty. potato puree was good.

frites
still delicious

12 Likes

Is the food good enough to warrant a Toto? I think that should be a quality benchmark -Toto worthy lol

3 Likes

Unacceptable. that keeps me from going there. sorry.

1 Like

I just realized my office is 10 minutes away. Methinks an after work or lunchtime adventure is calling me.

4 Likes

easy bang with pizza wagon too

3 Likes

Well, well, it is confirmed. Le Valley trumps (pardon my language) Le Highland by a nose or maybe two.

1. I’ll also be back for the Le Valley-only Poulet Roti even though I haven’t been there yet.
  2. I can decide… Petit Trois’ Baguette w/Normandy Butter beats Republique’s because it’s not a fleeting love. I think about it for a long time after.
  3. Sooo that’s what the delicious Cognac Pepper Sauce is for. Great French Fries! Because our steak was ummm… how should I say this… I didn’t love it.
  4. Think of the snail garnished garlic butter as another topping for the incredible Baguette and you’ll be fine.

P.S. Le Highland’s bathroom is cooler. It may not have a Toto either but it has Brigitte Bardot, so.

#Keepin’ItFrench.

Did I just do a mini report?

11 Likes

Agreed, thought the steak was just okay. Now if we can somehow combine the filet from pasjoli with the frites and sauce from petit trois :thinking:

3 Likes

1 Like

wow that sounds like a really interesting cocktail

1 Like

Good news for you. Clark Street now operates a cafe in Echo Park where you can walk in and grab that same baguette w/o having to deal with GCM madness. Of course, you’ll have to provide the Normandy butter, but that’s where Epicurus Gourmet comes in.

3 Likes

bacon and onion tart, parmesan, thyme
besides the burnt crust this was delicious, creamy sweet onions with bacon pieces that weren’t too salty on a crispy puff-pastry like crust. @TheCookie, @Bookwich

poulet roti, roasted garlic jus, potato puree
this looked great and had a crispy skin, but unfortunately was poorly executed. the leg and thigh were okay but the breast was horribly dry and overcooked and the sauce a bit too salty. potato puree was good.

frites
still delicious

9 Likes

Was Sergio in the house?

no signs of sergi-do

3 Likes

Bummer, it looks like it could be great.

Lol, I always consider the Valley a road trip. Looks great, may be worth the drive. (Those fries!)

Also, I definitely think they have the best baguettes in Los Angeles, maybe all of California. You can call ahead and ask them to save you one or two to take home. How great is that?

6 Likes

So after living by the original for so long, we now find ourselves closer to Le Valley and you know what? The interior and not having to fight for the counter seats is so nice.

i couldn’t get over how much it felt like a classic french neighborhood restaurant with tall celings, texture on floors, ceiling and walls! All very classy

Thought the pate de champagne was lovely, meaty and toothsome… perfect with half liter of white .

the mushroom soup was so lovely as well, great lightness, elegant balance but plenty mushroomy. good textures.
that Endive salad was the real shocker though, wow… the dressed walnuts were fantastic with perfectly dressed veg and then the crunchy crumbs

wifey somehow has never had the Mec so we had to do it… that sauce really is too much… well worth the pandemic wait

I have to complement the execution here. Everything was prepared flawlessly. Seasoning light handed yet balanced. Dressing and saucing top notch.

20 Likes
8 Likes

Hope he ditches the J&V 18% service fee + tip line garbage

3 Likes

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. When I first went to Petit Trois it was service compris.

1 Like

interesting it seems he decided to ditch J&V for different investors essentially…

cool that he names his new group after L’Esperance, pays tribute to Marc Meneau

3 Likes