Pizza worth a schlep

You mean very small parking lot. The large lot is not usable at the moment.

I saw that recently when I drove byā€”hopefully the main lot will be available again soon. Its pretty easy to get day time street parking around thereā€”night time may be more difficult.

1 Like

Hey, whereā€™ve you been

1 Like

hey! lol. a combination of working too many hours and my doc saying my blood pressure and cholesterol are too high (I think middle age is catching up to me. Maybe Iā€™m officially ā€œoldā€ now). So I havenā€™t been eating out as much (trying to get those numbers down) and havenā€™t contributed here as frequently because of that.

Back on threadā€”I was last @ Desanos in November (must be right before the parking lot digging) on an early Saturday night and it was a really nice mix of people and great pizza as usual.

2 Likes

iā€™m only really a fan of Desano and Pizzana right now.

Hit everything else in town multiple times from triple beam, superfine, la morra, La Antica Micheleā€¦and they donā€™t do it for meā€¦too inconsistant, bad QPR, or just doesnā€™t hit the spot. Prime is a total joke now IMO, I live around the corner and will only get a slice in absolute dire circumstances. Iā€™m saying Pizzeria Mozza downhill alert also, been really unimpressed last few times iā€™ve gone.

1 Like

786 Degrees in Sun Valley is excellent, and worth a schelp.

1 Like

Looks great

You didnā€™t like Superfine? I think their pies are insanely good. Just hate the location.

2 Likes

Damn forgot about this place. So good!!

Fun fact If I remember correct: this dude invented the barbecue chicken pizza way back when.

2 Likes

Nice fact

1 Like

I believe the BBQ chicken pizza was actually created by the late and lamented Ed LaDou, who did so for the original CPK back in the mid-80ā€™s.

5 Likes

Haha! Well, I triedā€¦ I knew it had been created

Close enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I always heard too but thought it could be a case of the person whoā€™s famous for inventing something vs the person who really invented something.

Just a case of me regurgitating things I thought I heard over a blunt and a pizza.

As my hero SpongeBob SquarePants said, ā€œSecretly, Iā€™m a little bit naive.ā€

2 Likes

Squares at Apolloniaā€™s!

Anyone been to Gra? Lupa Cotta?

True.

A pioneer in farm to table. Alice Waters.

1 Like

Donā€™t think I saw this posted anywhere else, but thereā€™s a Lucali pop-up March 9 / March 10. :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

This was perhaps my fave pizza in NYC (thought I didnā€™t try a large majority of places) - wonder how itā€™ll be with pop-up chaos, LA water, etc, and likely long lines post that Ugly Delicious episode. Sigh.

3 Likes

Andy Wang is on fire. Really nice article [Food & Wine] about our current pizza sceneā€¦

5 Likes