Pizzeria Sei

Swung by for a quick lunch. Ordered the Diavola and gobbled it down solo. The praise is well deserved. Neck and neck with La Morra for my favorite pizza in LA.

8 Likes
5 Likes

@robert why did the title of this thread get changed to six and why can’t I change it back?

No idea. What should the title be?

it’s fixed, it got changed to pizzeria six somehow and then back to pizzeria sei.

Looks like beer and wine soon!

2 Likes

3 Likes

At 11:30 today it was the busiest I’ve seen the place which is good to see. Sergio was not in the house, but the pies were still on point. The Bianca today was damn good, but I still think the funghi is the best pie there.

7 Likes

Nice - was there about an hour after you. This was my first time without Sergio and agreed that the pizzas didn’t seem to skip a beat now. Great for the restaurant’s sustainability.

6 Likes

Sergio messing around in the kitchen. Experimenting. Might be seeing some fun stuff appear in the near future (that aren’t just pizza!) :slight_smile:

Disclaimer - I’m a partner at astrea caviar :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

I love potato on pizza!

2 Likes

patate is delicious. sergio in da house.

patate - yukon gold potato, shaved garlic, shallot cream, ricotta, provolone, pecorino romano, parmigiano reggiano, oregano, thyme

13 Likes

this looks so good (and much better than what I had at Mother Wolf or Bestia)
Going to stay off pizza for a few weeks and resume with Sei.

2 Likes

Looks like you should have invited @Clayfu

3 Likes

Are you suggesting that caviar topping should have been added to this pizza!

@Clayfu was apparently just teasing everyone just a few posts up.

ha ha. He’s gonna pull some cool stuff out for valentine’s day week. I got to taste some of them - very impressed.

Now if only I could persuade him to do the potato pizza with caviar as a regular thing on the menu… That shallot cream with the caviar is <3. But might need less ricotta to work with caviar.

1 Like

I didn’t care for the patate. I am not a fan of ricotta or cream on pizzas; too bland for me. I would have preferred Gruyère or some Alpine equivalent. I also thought the potatoes would have benefited from more caramelization.

1 Like

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Warrior’s not-tasty-food restaurant: threat or menace?

margherita special - caseificio il casolare mozzarella di bufala, tomato, wong farms basil, extra virgin olive oil, sicilian sea salt

did I burn my tongue and mouth eating this? yes.
do I regret it? not really.

13 Likes