Pizzeria Sei

Two seats! And thank you, that’s awesome to know. Love this community!

3 Likes

Special marg and Mala lamb if on menu. But you really can’t go wrong

2 Likes

you got it

4 Likes

I’ve a reservation for 2 at 9 pm. We think there will be a problem making that a 3-top? Don’t wanna over promise a buddy then let him down. Obviously I’ll call Sei as soon as they open

1 Like

you should call. Most of the seating is not at a table

1 Like

You’ll be fine going in at 9PM even without a reservation.

I didn’t realize how much William looked like Bun-san from the side

4 Likes

I went yesterday and it was fantastic! My favorite by far was the Lamb sausage pizza. We tried Diavola, blanca, Lamb sausage and the special margarita.

8 Likes

Slid in last night as well. Did the blanca, the Mala sausage, and the special marg!

3 Likes

Where can I find those cilantro flowers?

Farmers markets! I know Coleman at santa monica has them maybe one other vendor as well

1 Like

My backyard!

1 Like

Which Santa Monica farmers market? Saturday?

Where you live? What area?

Coleman is for sure there on Wednesdays. I’m not sure about Saturdays.

1 Like

Coleman is at the SMFMS on Saturdays as well.

cool. I go to that one every Saturday.

speaking of ingredients, anyone know where they source their tomatoes?

Post-Pizzakase

I can’t handle the whole shebang, so we made a resy for the day after to have a couple of the special pies with the leftover ingredients. @moonboy403 who is a true chowhound made the drive to LA at the spur of the moment to join us and used his Sei-fluence for a pre-order. :wink:

Bardasce Cerasuolo d’Abruzzo

My usual. This was a few sips down on a healthy pour.

Burrata & Toast

Funghi Crostini - Maitake Shrooms, Lardo Aromatica, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Aged Balsamic, Chive, Thyme, Shallot, Creme Fraiche

Savoy “Pizza Y” - Honolulu Line Caught Big Eye Tuna, Mayo, Corn, Chive, Wasabi

Loved! :hearts: Wasn’t sure what to expect from partially cooked and raw tuna on hot pizza but it just works! It has the fresh tuna w/wasabi sushi thing going on but on a pizza! There’s also a mild cheese but I can’t remember what kind, except it challenged the rule of no cheese w/seafood!

Hailey 1.0 - Champagne Vinegar Marinated Cherry Tomato, Garlic, Shallot, Zucchini Blossom, Mix of Citrus Zest, Anchovy, Smoked Provola, Sea Salt, Basil, Aioli

Okay, this has a lot going on and it works! Maybe a little heavy on the smoke flavor in the provola but that’s a quibble. Thanks @PorkyBelly for generously pre-ordering this one for us! :hearts:

Happy Pizza Sei-ing!

13 Likes