Post Your Daily Sandwich

After all the chomp chatter around here, went and tried the Prime Rib sandwich at Gjusta. Fantastic! Wish I would have gotten a touch more horseradishness, but the parmesan (edit: errr, freshly grated horseradish) was a really great addition. And the bread! Had a crunch but was still soft and had a nice chew.

8 Likes

The Winsome Burger:

6 Likes

Parmesan??? They put that on the prime rib?

You know what, I think I’m a mixed nut. It was more likely freshly shredded horseradish. I don’t think I’ve ever had horseradish like that, so it threw me. Oof.

Hopefully one smarter than me can confirm/deny.

1 Like

i’m pretty sure it’s freshly grated horseradish

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure you’re right. Thanks for calling that out! The rest of my life would have been a parmesan-covered lie.

2 Likes

forgot to mention the avocado and harrissa on the sandwich, Great combination of flavors

Blueprint burger at plan check

3 Likes

So YOU’RE the reason they were sold out of prime rib last night lol!

I ended up trying the BBQ brisket sandwich special, which was their scrumptious brisket with house BBQ sauce on the same bun they use for the burger. I don’t usually like so much sauce on my brisket, but I have to admit this was goddamn delicious. Maple Block should just steal Gjusta’s sauce recipe and call it a day lol.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that weekend evenings are the best time to hit Gjusta? Traffic is reasonable and the wait is shorter than weekday lunch.

4 Likes

I’ve noticed that the crowds tend to pulse in on the evenings in general. But yes, seems the weekend evenings tend to be a little easier.

Have you had the cheeseburger yet?

Was your $16 burger overcooked with wilted weeds? Did it also take 25min to come out?

##Gjusta
Turkey butcher

5 Likes

Little Jewel Soft Shell Crab Po’Boy.
I went with 2. C.
Thought it might be too “busy” - no way - it was heavenly.
I ate most of the shrimp before the sandwich. They were just fantastic.

10 Likes

Burger was fired up just right, IMHO.
Accompanying greens were fresh-looking and decent-tasting.
Took like 12 minutes or so. (But I did also order a chicken soup and snap pea dish, and those kept me occupied 'til my burger came.)
The man-bun count was high, but not Sqirl-ishly so.

Happy Memorial Day, ya filthy animals.

Word to the wise: the new ish In-N-Out in El Segundo just south of LAX was a dream compared to the original airport one on the north side. The drive-through line was a standard lunchtime length, but there is plenty-o-parking and the line inside was nil.

8 Likes

I went through 4 napkins with my 2B. :smile: I think I sat there for a good 2 minutes figuring out a strategy on how to pick it up without making a huge mess.

Hi @CiaoBob,

Nice! They added Soft Shell Crab Po’Boy to the menu. Thanks for the heads up. I must try this next time I’m there. :slight_smile:

They are sourcing some very good seafood. Shrimp were so flavorful and succulent: better than 90% of the shrimp I get in most LA restaurants.

1 Like

Hurry. It is not a regular menu item and IIRC did not last long last year.

Have you ever had their red beans and rice? I’ve always wanted to but never see it on the menu. (I’m not sure if it’s still a Monday only thing.)