Quarter Sheets Pizza Club

Aaron Lindell (michigan-native and former sous chef at cotogna) and Hannah Ziskin, pastry chef at m georgina, have been offering detroit-style pizzas and desserts out of their glendale home since last summer. they’re now in residence at the unoccupied m georgina every saturday and sunday. perfect opportunity for a hayato bento and detroit pizza bang bang. @NYCtoLA, @rlw, @js76wisco, @TheCookie, @lapizzamaven, @J_L, @chrishei, @attran99, @foodshutterbug, @Dommy

I’m no detroit pizza expert and have no idea how “authentic” this was, but it was incredible. the sweet-savory red sauce is made with bianco dinapoli tomatoes, the soft, airy, focaccia-like crust uses tehachapi grain project red fife wheat sourdough and the crispy-cheesy crust situation surrounding the edges is out of control.

make sure to try ziskin’s desserts too, from house of gluten, also out of m georgina.

pepperoni, four cheese, red sauce, basil

salty chocolate chunk cookies

28 Likes

Fuuuuuugde that sounds good.

3 Likes

Goddamnit I was just at ROW today looking for a bang^2

1 Like

I was there last week. :cry:

1 Like

As a Michigan native I can assure you that Buddy’s never used anything like these ingredients. Having had Buddy’s, at least the Ann Arbor branch, after seeing these pictures, I can further assure you that you never want to have the “authentic” version. This looks so much better!!!

6 Likes

Is the third photo of the bottom?

Adding this to the deathmatch.

I’ve been hoping to try their pizza too, and now that they’re out of the ROW it’s a done deal.

2 Likes

forgot to mention ziskin’s desserts can be ordered from house of gluten

3 Likes

yes

hahahahhah that is a great name

4 Likes

So is sourdough crust a thing for detroit pizza?

Looks legit. For me, the defining characteristic of Detroit pizza is the crust deep-frying in the butterfat thrown off by the cheese.

Traditional Detroit pizza does not use sourdough or whole-wheat flour, but if it tastes good, why not?

1 Like

Ordered last night for next Sunday after @PorkyBelly’s bat signal. Looks like Aaron actually released it too early lol, but still got mine :wink:

Now to wait until Wednesday to order from the House of Gluten…

2 Likes

ha I did the same thing, snuck in an order while Aaron temporarily had the order page live.

I originally misspelled it as “house of glutton”, a similarly great name.

3 Likes

don’t worry, you didn’t miss anything, their first day at the row was yesterday.

1 Like

How does it compare to Apollonia’s?

1 Like

Tock is live right now for saturday and Sunday

1 Like

haven’t tried apollonia’s yet.

Apollonia’s square slices are not Detroit-style, they’re a unique thing he invented.

1 Like