Random discussion of Covid-19 not specifically related to restaurants or food

L.A. County reported an average of 3,721 coronavirus cases a day over the seven-day period ending Monday, up from 2,128 the prior week.

1 Like

Here’s another compilation of wastewater data. Has an assortment of places in various states.

2 Likes

“People came back from Thanksgiving and pretty quickly were testing positive,” county Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer said. At her agency, “we had more people who tested positive right after Thanksgiving than we’ve ever had before,” with transmission occurring during holiday gatherings, rather than at work.

3 Likes

Welcome back to the red tier, LA. Hospitalizations are higher than they were in the summer BA.5 wave.

1 Like

The Bay Area’s not doing much better. Clearly the CDC numbers lag the sewage stats.

1 Like

Update with Dec. 7 data:

Update with Dec. 6 data:

2 Likes

https://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343(22)00822-1/fulltext

Looking a little better this week, except in Santa Clara County.

3 Likes

Bay Area worse this week, LA better.

SF Bay Area way down, LA County way up.

No big continuing spike after Christmas the way there was after Thanksgiving, but levels are still twice what they were in October.

2 Likes

Has LA County updated wastewater? Last I checked their data was weeks old…

Latest sewer data I see for LA is 12/26.

1 Like

New sewer data for Oakland and LA.

1 Like

Hospitalization due to Covid-19 occurred in 6 bivalent recipients and 297 participants who did not … Death due to Covid-19 occurred in 1 bivalent recipient and 73 participants who did not …

1 Like

Still don’t know why alot of people won’t get this latest booster.

Its been proven the last 2 years to prevent hospitalization/severity, and duration.

4 Likes

Looking good this week. I guess I’m comfortable eating and drinking inside at restaurants and bars again.

2 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/01/13/covid-pandemic-deaths-hospitalizations-overcounting/