• Just-Baked French Baguette with Rodolphe le Meunier Normandy Butter
  • New Caledonian Blue Prawns, Cocktail Sauce
  • Scarborough Farms Little Gems, “Caesar Salad” Dressing
  • Creamed Corn, Southern California Style
  • Weiser Farms “Baked Potato,” Bacon, Caramelized Onion, Sour Cream, Chives
  • Beef Short Rib “Steak Diane,” Northern California Morel Mushrooms
  • Banoffee, Banana, Dulce de Leche, Vanilla Cream
8 Likes

That’s a menu I wish they had offered last week for a birthday celebration instead of the regular chicken dinner. Ended up with Bestia (which was very good), but I wanted that baguette.

1 Like

2 Likes

Republique

What a difference a few days make in the shifting landscape of L.A. restaurants. The dynamic duo aka the Manzkes are making their dine-in comeback, starting with breakfast & lunch. No more Market & Pantry or Pastries at the moment. A little something to remember them by…

Mango Passionfruit Cream Pie!

Salted Caramel Chocolate Cake

BBQ Beef Hand Pies

Market & Pantry

2018 Joyce Vineyards - Central Coast - Grenache

The clock was running out so I picked the wine randomly. It came chilled - juicy, fruity, decent, not great.

9 Likes

now delivering @Omotesando

1 Like

Preorder pastries are back, mpfcp sold out.

6 Likes

new menu:

• Foccacia, Rosemary, Olive Oil and Sea Salt
  • Di Stefano Burrata, Munak Ranch Cherry Tomatoes, Weiser Farms Melon and Basil
  • Thao Farms Arugula, Sungold Tomatoes, Lemon Cucumbers, Olympic Provisions Salami and Oregano Vinaigrette
  • Charred Eggplant Parmigiana, Mozzarella and San Marzano Tomato
  • Northern California Morel Mushroom and Barley Risotto with Delta Asparagus
  • Wood-Fire Roasted Mary’s Organic Rotisserie Chicken with Salsa Verde
  • Tiramisu
1 Like

new caledonian blue prawns, cocktail sauce

scarborough farms little gems, “caesar salad” dressing

creamed corn, southern california style

weiser farms “baked potato”, bacon, caramelized onion, sour cream, chives

beef short rib “steak diane”, northern california morel mushroom

french baguette, rodolphe le meunier normandy butter

banoffee banana, dulce de leche, vanilla cream

blackberry oat coffee cake

12 Likes

Pie is available

4 Likes

And now $2 off at only $42.

2 Likes

giphy (1)

7 Likes

The corn in particular was insanely delicious.

1 Like

Yesss. Ordered the mango passion pie for Saturday morning pick up (and a few other things too!)

7 Likes

:cry:

Don’t lose faith! It is SO worth the effort!!!

Do they have slices?

it’s still showing as available, have you tried again?

yes, that may have been the highlight of the meal–sweet, creamy with a hint of acid and some kind of heat.

Success! It was just sold out for the day/time that I originally selected.

6 Likes

Finally! Had to see what all the fuss was about and if it lived up to the hype. Honestly. my first impression was “it’s OK”. I think with all the hype on this pie, I was expecting seriously intense passionfruit and mango, and this is good, but was not the intensity I was expecting. I have family in Hawaii so lilikoi/passionfruit is one of my favorite flavors, and I’ve also been to Thailand about a half-dozen times and gorged on many plates of mango/sticky rice… so perhaps the expectation was too much.

BUT - then I watched the Wolfgang Puck video on how it was made, and then proceeded to eat some more pie (you know, for, um, RESEARCH purposes). Instead of the usual scoop of pie, I ate each layer…

mango…

whipped cream…

pastry cream…

passionfruit custard…

crust…

WHOA. Now I get it! I hadn’t realized that the “cream” was pastry cream+custard, and could not taste that much of the passionfruit in the combined cream but once I tasted each separately, oh boy!!!

Suffice to say that the rest of the pie may - best case - make it to tomorrow.

I would love to taste a version of this that has the ratio of passionfruit /pastry cream reversed.

Those of you who have had it - what do you think about the crust? Mine was definitely on the harder, drier side, not sure if it is just supposed to be like that?

9 Likes

As was mine. Not sure if she does that to make sure it doesn’t get too soft under the filling?

3 Likes