Restaurants checking vaccination status: threat or menace?

I haven’t been to any restos requiring this, threw out my card the day I got it… Will they take an oral affirmation of vax status or do you need the card? Something about my ethnic background makes people asking for my papers triggering…

1 Like

You need a card or something on your cell phone. If you were vaccinated in California you can get it here:

4 Likes

Why ?

7 Likes

I know. We waited in line for hours to get a vaxx. I was waiving that thing around like a badge of honor.

10 Likes

Was that you?!

6 Likes

Yes! :rofl:

4 Likes

Depending on where you live you may be able to download your vaccine status to your phone. Here in OC/SoCal we can go to a health agency website and download a QR code.

We got vaxed pretty early and laminated ours when that was what the news said to do. Later they said not to. :roll_eyes: When we go for boosters I’m hoping we get a new card we can attach.

3 Likes

@Eater15 after getting vaccinated

giphy (3)

9 Likes

That made me LOL!

2 Likes

Very handy for the Hollywood bowl you can download your tickets to your iwallet and vax card. Much less fumbling with paper

2 Likes

Very useful if you live in California and have an iPhone

5 Likes

You don’t need to risk your privacy with a special app. I just have a screen shot of the state’s digital record.

So you’re saying I should just throw my phone away? Every app we download has inherent security risks. I don’t really care about somebody stealing my vaxx data.

2 Likes

I am a little concerned about irresponsible and stupid LAFD/PD members (that are being paid by my/our taxes) stealing my vaxx data and pretending they were vaxxed. :rofl: (sorta)

6 Likes

I’m just saying there’s no need to install another fucking app to display a single photo.

it’s not an app, it’s a website that allows people to put their Vaccine record into their apple wallet (which is convenient for iphone users)

6 Likes

Yes its not an app and its very convenient to have the vax info in your wallet rather than having to scroll through your pics. YMMV

9 Likes

It is convenient, but you do have to trust that this website isn’t storing/gathering user info and QR codes since you have to upload a picture in order for the conversion to Wallet file to take place.

Off topic (but continuing the other off topic conversation… :wink: ): my confusion/concern about the app (or links) is that I received texts w/ the link for my vacc QR code w/o explicitly signing up for any such service. Are all COVID vaccinations records in LA/OC (regardless of venue in which it was delivered) being sent to some sort of 3rd party for tracking?

Most vaccinations in California are tracked by the state, which presumably got your phone number from whatever organization gave you your shot(s).

2 Likes