Restaurants checking vaccination status: threat or menace?

False equivalency.

5 Likes

All you are doing is calling for “peace” and “understanding.” Except for anyone who disagrees with you or asks for your vaccine status.

As a physician and a hopefully decent human, I don’t wish untimely death on anyone, but I do hope that people take responsibility for their actions and I get frustrated when they don’t and frustrated with others who defend their actions and liken it to the extermination of millions of people for their religious beliefs. The parallel you are attempting is absurd.

9 Likes

I don’t think “selfishness” is quite the right word for risking death due to willful ignorance.

I’m fine if those people get Covid and die, preferably before they infect anyone else. I don’t have to hate them to enjoy schadenfreude at their ironic comeuppance.

This would be comparable to Nazis if the Nazis had sent themselves to the gas chambers.

Good one.

1 Like

Again who wished death on whom? Only person talking about wishing death on people in this thread is you and your straw man “friend”. Are the majority of us here frustrated and angry at anti vaxxers/deniers, absolutely but also with good reason.

And please explain what kind of pain and suffering is being inflicted by asking about vaccination status? Children have to have confirmed vaccination status to go to public schools for a reason, it’s a public health policy to protect the public at large. No different than having to have a drivers license.

Asking for vaccination status isnt hate or dehumanization, it’s a public policy decision designed to save lives. It is not like arbitrarily discriminating, enslaving, or killing someone based on their race, ethnic origins, or religion. This is total false equivalency.

It seems that you want peace and acceptance but only if it’s entirely within your world view.

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s happening here on FTC, but I don’t think it’s outside the realm of possibility that there are people who are vaxxed and very angry and kinda/sorta wishing death on other people. I don’t read Nextdoor anymore b/c it’s a steaming pile of sh*t for the westside, but I could totally see people there, like, publicly wishing death on people who aren’t vaxxed.

I don’t get why @Eater15 tossed out his/her vacc card (and it’s none of my business), but I do think the point he/she was trying to make is that hate and bias can occur regardless of one’s political orientation. And that is not incorrect statement.

4 Likes

I’ve been in SF a bunch lately and don’t see that at all. People have been nicer than usual, everyone’s happy to get back to semi-normal.

Or are you just talking about being asked for proof of vaccination to eat or drink indoors at bars and restaurants?

An oversimplification of what @Eater15 actually wrote.

1 Like

I find that here in LA too.

1 Like

And in San Diego.

3 Likes

I totally agree with these sentiments.

While that is alluded to in some degree mixed in with his/her posts, that wasn’t all that eater was both literally saying or seemingly implying.

1 Like

Thank you for actually bothering to internalize my point before responding; I’m surprised by the inability or unwillingness some have shown to do so, despite the extremely high standard of intelligence and formal education the users of this board clearly have.

And thank you also for replying in such a respectful manner

1 Like

Barring any clarification on your part, I’m assuming your misperception of anger and fear in San Francisco was a projection based on your personal hangup about being asked for proof of vaccination.

Not surprisingly you are very selective in your responses and that tells already much about you and your mindset

5 Likes

Question: How should my daughter feel toward the person/people sitting around her at a pro football game 3 weeks ago who almost certainly gave her Covid and caused several anxious days plus no sense of taste or smell that is still happening. Nothing worse so far, but still……

The stadium required either proof of vaccination OR being vaccinated on site that night. Those just vaccinated were given wristbands and ‘required’ to wear masks, obviously because the vaccine wouldn’t be effective for several weeks. She’s fully vaccinated but there were several wrist-banded people sitting around her screaming and NOT wearing the masks they were given. Nothing at all was done to enforce mask wearing.

She’s taken the whole thing in stride, but did say something about ‘natural selection’.

This whole thing has just amplified the growing separation in our society. Much of it isn’t new or unnatural, but the obstreperousness and anger do seem to be more pervasive on both ends of the spectrum than in the past. It’s easy to become very concerned about it.

7 Likes

Really? So you feel that she should be thankful! Thankful she lost two weeks of work, lost her taste and smell (still not fully returned), and could have infected us (my wife and I spent 3 days with her during the time she went to the game)? Thankful her exposure came now? Thankful to the people who didn’t care enough to follow the rules they were given that night? Really?

5 Likes

It’s astonishing how little you care for people who are vaccinated (and think about the people and communities around them) and how much you defend people who are the complete opposite - don’t get vaccinated and don’t care if others die or get hospitalized because of their selfish behavior.

7 Likes

Deleted one of Eater15’s posts because it was insulting other posters and another for pandemic misinformation.

2 Likes

Warrior: I can’t tell if you’re trolling or crazy! Made me laugh though.

I predict you’re going to have a bad time in 2022 starting in Q4 2021

5 Likes