Restaurants - Delivery or Pick Up Options

Thank you, Azoff’s!!! I had know idea they bought it… Apple Pan too! Developers have been wanting to buy and tear down AP for years, but the original owners held-off. :clap: So happy!!!

2 Likes

Robber Barons disguised as Hipsters.

5 Likes

Ruen Pair btw is open and delivers. You can get the staples but really the gem of the menu is the Chinese-Thai dishes with plain rice porridge (Khao Tom)

-Stir Fry morning glory
-Salty Turnip Omelette
-Black Egg and Basil

7 Likes

“Azoff said that an agreement had been reached with Stephen Cloobeck, the landlord of the historic location on North Beverly Drive, to extend the restaurant’s lease for the immediate future, though the long-term fate of the original Nate ’n Al’s — and whether the deli will move to a new location on Canon Drive — remains up in the air.”

Love it – maybe landlords are finally going to stop being so greedy and realize it is better to get some rent than have a location sit empty for years. Could something good possibly come out of this pandemic?

3 Likes

Historically they aren’t on delivery apps–how do you get this these days?

1 Like

This seems interesting @PorkyBelly and for a good cause (creating goodwill & publicity :wink:). We might have to postpone the Sugishita Bento / Raku Plan in favor of an “outdoor” date this weekend. #CovidInnovations.

1 Like

I just called Ruen Pair @Haeldaur. Yes, they still deliver themselves within 3 miles. We’re out of luck. But it makes me wonder about other spots in Thai Town. We’re hurtin’ for Thai in my ‘hood.

In other words, we’re in the middle of a pandemic and nobody wants to buy the building anymore.

1 Like

shutupandtakemymoney.gif

19 Likes

It’s like when the band onstage finally plays “Freebird”.

7 Likes

@JLee probably hates it like Oasis hates Wonderwall

5 Likes

“Play the hits!”

4 Likes

7 Likes

“Hi yes I’d like a double order of hainan chicken and siu mai please. and do you have any lean char siu?”

6 Likes

Last minute trip into the city around the Beverly Hills/West Hollywood area. Is it too late to pick up or order anything interesting?

Connie & Ted’s

3 Likes

AOC has an a la carte ordering menu on Tock. Not the full menu, but plenty of the hits.

1 Like

https://instagram.com/p/CAOSmDjj46k/

3 Likes

No call in orders for Connie & Ted’s. Tock only. :cry:

Edit: also applicable to AOC :cry:

Edit 2: Antico is not picking up their phone :cry: #LastMinuteTripsDontWork

Edit 3: Ended up at Top Round for custard and fries since I wasn’t terribly hungry…and I love frozen custard. The custard melts fast…and I had a mask on. Couldn’t take the thing off fast enough when I got back to the car.

4 Likes

Maybe Noree Thai?

1 Like