Restaurants - Delivery or Pick Up Options

5 Likes

What do y’all think. Is this the end of the era regardless of COVID? Seems like everyone is opening up and the pandemic is “over”

1 Like

i’m expecting a second wave sooner that will be bigger than the first

6 Likes

That was always my fear with the rush to re-open. Just because it’s okay to open doesn’t mean precautions shouldn’t be taken, but a lot of people are getting lax

If history is a guide (and it should be), second waves are usually worst than the first because people relaxed and thought everything was back to normal.

4 Likes

Part of the prob is that, AFAIK, it’s not like LA has yet achieved a sustained dec in diagnosed cases. A second wave implies that we had partially recovered from the first; we have not, IMHO.

@teriyakichi: don’t get me started on the WHO…

4 Likes

There is a lot of data indicating significant levels of asymptotic cases which are one of the reasons why Covid is still spreading (we still have ~20000 new cases every day in the US)

The kids are alright… (BTW Pete Townshend has mad hops)

2 Likes

don’t always believe the internets

3 Likes

Now I gotta find one where he hits his head on the roof LOL… #runthegamut #ExtraAmpOnStageAndExtraWoofersToo

2 Likes

Hard agree. WHO was arguing against masks until what, last week.

Would point to this Andy Slavitt thread, which gets into the details:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ASlavitt/status/1270135499659923458

Cheery news from today’s L.A. Times: "In the last two days, Los Angeles County officials announced 81 new coronavirus-related deaths, the highest total reported over a weekend in more than a month.

The highest weekend total of deaths was previously reported April 18-19, when 105 deaths were announced. Officials also reported 3,000 new cases on Saturday and Sunday."

And then this bit of cheer: “Dr. Christina Ghaly, director of health services for L.A. County, said Friday the “effective transmission rate” had now risen above 1 — meaning each infected person goes on to infect more than one other individual — and was gaining ground.”

And this spike is not as a result of protests, because any associated cases wouldn’t have shown up yet.

We’re all living in a grand experiment. Good luck to each and every one of us.

6 Likes

It will be interesting to see what the numbers are in about 1.5 wks…

2 Likes
1 Like

Interesting…

3 Likes

One critic’s take on criticism of take-out/delivery during the pandemic. (tl,dr: Don’t do it!)

3 Likes

Placed an order for pick up at Clementine today and saw this:

11 Likes

hock plus hoof doing taiwanese

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBd0s06jxau/?hl=en

Not sure if they are yet open for dine-in, but yesterday Mizlala West Adams popped up for delivery on Postmates.

Ordered chicken and hummus. Chicken really tasty and one of my few pandemic deliveries that I didn’t feel suffered much as a result of delivery. The hummus was good, but was missing a sine qua non that I couldn’t quite put my finger on that kept it from greatness. Nice creamy texture (I hate gritty hummus) but needed a little bit more of something. Zhug is a 95 cent add on – I ordered three and thought I would have some to keep, but they are tiny containers – like the tiny ones at a fast food salsa bar – so I went through all three with my chicken. Good zhug though and so much better than the jarred stuff. Could have been a tad spicier – perhaps a bit dumbed down.

2 Likes

Yeah. Mizlala leans more more healthyish and fresh. So it’s missing some of the richness that you would find in even Sabra hummus. Personally, that is what I am going for when I get my food from there. But admit that for the condiments side, it doesn’t have that savoriness that someone approximate like Hummus Bar and Grill has. But overall, I prefer the preparation of things at Mizlala way better than anything at HBG even though I miss being able to buy their wonderful hummus at Whole Foods. Ah well.

2 Likes