Restaurants - Delivery or Pick Up Options

My, what big eyes you have, yohei-san

9 Likes

Thanks @NYCtoLA,

While it’s a lot of food in that futomaki, what made it $85? (Or do you think they’ll add additional fish / premium ingredients?) Thanks.

2 Likes

But ya gotta admit, that’s one BEAUTIFUL chirashi box.

Okay, so I never thought that, in the midst of existential terror about sickness and death, catastrophic economic collapse, the dissolution of society as we know it (which may, ultimately, not be SUCH a bad thing), and, in all seriousness, the zombie apocalypse, I would still be having FOMO about not being a baller on take out orders b/c of FTC.

F*ck y’all on FTC, that’s all I can say.

(meant w/ the utmost love and respect, of course) :slight_smile:

12 Likes

My 2x$50 bento’s just got cancelled so I guess an $85 futomaki is cheaper and also feeds 2…

2 Likes

Hi @Chowseeker1999

There are not premium ingredients aside from what you see (anago, the tamago, kanpyo, pickles, and their rice). It’s not the most amazing QPR, but the way I looked at it was that a premium futomaki from someone like SGO (or if Mori or anybody else made it) probably would be $20+. This thing was about 3x the size, so you add it up plus included tip and that’s how you arrive at their price point.

Also, In my case, wife wasn’t able to make it to dinner, but the take home treat helped mollify her :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great post!

1 Like

I never would have imagined that this recent turn of events would inadvertently result in L.A.'s bento and chirashi game becoming so strong.

10 Likes

$80, let’s not get crazy here

Is this $80 “The Pillow”?

Yes, but was $50 in hawaii. Gotta love hawaii’s low cost of living.

7 Likes

I think there was shiitake, kuruma ebi and oboro too?

2 Likes

Hard pass for me. I think I’d rather get korean kimbap x10

1 Like

OOE @PorkyBelly?

1 Like

Ca shutdown

https://mobile.twitter.com/GavinNewsom/status/1240820390407991296

Getting food still OK though right?

2 Likes

What can I do? What’s open?

Essential services will remain open such as:

Gas stations
Pharmacies
Food: Grocery stores, farmers markets, food banks, convenience stores, take-out and delivery restaurants
Banks
Laundromats/laundry services

Essential state and local government functions will also remain open, including law enforcement and offices that provide government programs and services.

4 Likes

Yes
And, strangely, dry cleaners!

2 Likes

Yup, I had to wash my iPhone screen after reading the FTC version of Hustlers, because it got dirtier than the outside of my car! :wink:

4 Likes

White coat cooties syndrome. Though a healthy dose of gamma rays will also help.
#nofomites

1 Like

Had great take out experience at porridge and puffs. 3 course Pinch for $20 and tea leaf salad and porridge (not pictured). Also got some provisions—her pickles and dressings are fantastic.

Replated :laughing:

18 Likes