RIP, Choco Taco

2 Likes

I sent this article to my partner when I saw it the other day.

Her response: You better learn how to make waffle cone shells.

Turn out it probably isnā€™t that hard:

and making your own magic shell is as simple as melting about 6oz of whatever chocolate you like to 3 tablespoons refined coconut oil.

3 Likes

This is so ridiculous! They KNEW when they bought it the brand was mostly an out of home brand. Anyway, I wish They and Coke would do what Dr. Pepper and PG do and just sell the brand they no longer want to bother with. Hopefully all these grumbles turn into something real.

3 Likes

7 Likes

The flaky salt is a nice touch.

2 Likes

Why am I just hearing about these things now? Iā€™ve seen Klondike bars in our markets forever, but have never noticed Choco Tacos. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

They were mostly a ice cream truck/corner store thing (In fact my friend in Lancaster got one from her Paletero last night) and also certain fast food places like Rubios and at one point and time Green Burrito when it was good. They are kinda pricy to sell in multipack and you only got four while Klondike bars are cheaper and you get six. I can see why they want to save the production time on their line for their core product (especially with supply chain and staffing being the way it is) but sell the brand. Just donā€™t kill it because you think MAYBE in 2 years youā€™ll create an artificial ā€œflashbackā€ promotion. URGHā€¦ ARGH!!!

4 Likes

Needs nuts. Otherwiseā€¦ This will be mineā€¦

1 Like

Bossy!

1 Like

The Lady Whorfin is infinitely kind, generous, and loving. Do not fuck with her food.

5 Likes