Rustic Canyon - still solid

hi @TheCookie
good question, I’m not sure. taking a bite I thought they were raw hachiyas because they were soft and shiny, but the menu says fuyu ::shrug::

2 Likes

Hi @PorkyBelly

Yep, they do look shiny. I was wondering if they were raw or slightly cooked. Probably raw with a dressing. Looking for persimmon ideas. Thanks.

1 Like

i’m pretty sure they were raw, thanks.

1 Like

If you let them ripen long enough, Fuyus get that hachiya consistency.

3 Likes
1 Like

Got influenced by @PorkyBelly. Jeremy Fox was in the house and came out later in the night to talk to folks. Highlights:

• Cocktail with passion fruit, habanero, habanada. Ton of the fruity habanero flavor without overwhelming heat thanks to the habnadas
  • Sweetbreads were fried well
  • Gnocchi was delicious
  • Sirloin cap was cooked well, but the nature of the cut is a bit more chewy

10 Likes

I can’t imagine Chef Fox isn’t going to replace himself as chef at some point. Recommend getting getting in because they really are on point at the moment. I sat at the bar and had a great time caramelized white chocolate macadamia nuts and double shucked peas. gnocchi, pear and cheddar. Not shown - lamb Sharma bar special. Some fun by the glass wine pairings as well.

7 Likes

I agree - the place is wonderful right now, great food, service, and re-invigorated wine program by the new somm, Jenna Isaacs.

3 Likes

They deliver through UberEats now. Even to DTLA.

Fox still Sergio-ing? No one else listed on their web site.

Yes, he’s been posting specials for Rustic Canyon on his instagram pretty consistently. Some of them are bar only, it sounds like he’s been making some small batches of recipes for an upcoming book on meat to complement his vegetable book. Except this Wednesday when he’ll be at Pasjoli doing a collab.

2 Likes

theyve also been doing a tuesday supper $75pp, menu changes weekly

7 Likes