Saffy's - East Hollywood

Just to be safe, he should have doctor(s) taste test his food beforehand.

8 Likes

Hmm do you know any doctor(s) who could take on this dangerous task?

4 Likes

Anybody want a resy for 4 tomorrow at 7. I’ve been felled by Covid :frowning:

5 Likes

Feel better soon…

2 Likes

Get well spoon, set0312.

2 Likes

Caught some bar seats by showing up right before they opened with a few friends.

Apps ranged from good to exceptional, mostly very good. Highlights there were the crudo and tomatoes w/eggplant puree.

Red snapper tagine was decent. Skewers were meh.

Soft serve was incomprehensible (maybe it’s trying to pick at some notes of nostalgia that I’m just missing?), strawberry shortcake was good, flan was divine.

Drinks were excellent. (I had the sour & the milk punch, both of which I really liked, and tried a friend’s cherry limeade - wasn’t my thing but if you like that sort of thing they did pull it off).

If I hadn’t been dining with a vegetarian and two other people who didn’t eat red meat I would’ve gotten a different main, and maybe been happier for it. As it was I’d probably rather go back to Bavel, but I can’t complain too much. I’d still be very happy to have something like this in the neighborhood when I move to Berkeley.

11 Likes

Thank you! Through the worst of it I think…

4 Likes

I think they’re chasing these popsicles from childhood with their soft serve but I could be WAY off

4 Likes

We buy these from Stater Bros. Delicious

1 Like

We liked it.

Due to set0312’s unfortunate bout with COVID (yet somehow still managing to pass on good eats to others), we enjoyed a great unexpected meal at Saffy’s. My pics are horrible compared to those in this thread so I won’t bother but just wanted to post to join in the enthusiasm for the chicken skewer. We never order chicken at a restaurant but did so based on the recommendations here and boy, were we glad! We also loved the shwarma plate - we ordered two and roundly rejected the waiter’s attempt to persuade us to trade one of the plates for a salad to “balance” out the meal. Pfffftttt.

9 Likes

is it still make your own shwarma? I’m not sure how i feel about that. I love having Ori make mine…it tastes better.

But @PorkyBelly says its because of me that they switched to DIY style as Ori stared at me as I cut his beautiful creation to split with my fellow diners. He didn’t like that and had the waiter take it back and send us new one that he expertly cut in 3.

9 Likes

It’s all your fault @PorkyBelly and I had to make our own like plebs.

5 Likes

i blame @hppzz

5 Likes

That’s what you get for cheating. :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes, it’s still DIY. I can see how it would be better assembled by Chef (who was there on Saturday) but we still scarfed everything down. And the kids enjoyed eating just the meat with the sauce after the flatbread was gone.

3 Likes

@set0312, the good kind of superspreader.

(Meal sounds great, this place is high on my list)

1 Like

hopefully they’ll assemble them again when they open for lunch service. @hppzz review forthcoming?

2 Likes

lol this is exactly the reputation I want.

4 Likes

So glad you were able to take advantage of it! And I’m now recovered, so all is well!

9 Likes