Santa Ana/OC Recommendations

Actually the table setting was lovely, @bulavinaka. I just had no idea how to handle the light or balance the colors, so it ended up in this garish mess - blech. I can’t believe I saved this photo!

Thanks so much for the scoop on the korokke pan, @A5KOBE! If I get out there in the near future, I’ll see if I can find out when the korokke are made. My husband said that he saw potato salad sandwiches too, which are one of my guilty pleasures.

Are you advocating smoking, @TheCookie? By the way, turquoise and red are my favorite colors too.

2 Likes

@MaladyNelson and @TheCookie, I give.

2 Likes

OMG… Awesome! Thought I’d be the only old enough to get that. Not that I was old enough to smoke at that time… hehehe.

1 Like

Memories :grin:. Bulavinaka is right. You had the flair for colors down.

1 Like

Whad’ya know? I was the last person to post on this thread. I miss @MaladyNelson!

Has anyone been to Habana in Costa Mesa? We’re looking for a place near or close enough to the OC Courthouse. :man_in_tuxedo:t4: :bride_with_veil:t4: It will probably be less than 20 ppl. The couple is mid 20s. They want something nice but not formal or frou-frou. Really good food but doesn’t have to be a culinary masterpiece or 100% traditional… a little fusion is fine.

Here’s a photo of Habana for an idea of what they… I mean she is looking for. I’m so excited! :blush:

1 Like

My cousins have all been to Habana and have been trying to arrange a dinner date with us. They enjoy it. I think it meets your requirements…nice with good food but with a relaxed spirit.
Also I think @OCSteve has recommended it.

1 Like

Oh great! :two_hearts:

For a cake do you recommend Patisserie Chantilly or Cream Pan? I think I know but want to see if I’m right. :wink:

Scratch Patisserie Chantilly. I thought it was in OC.

Patisserie Chantilly all the way! Cream Pan only if you want it to be convenient. Down in that area is Blackmarket Bakery and French’s Bakery. One of my cousins is quite fond of the French’s Chocolate-covered strawberry cake…not too rich, but a nice combination of chocolate and strawberries.

2 Likes

Ahhh… I believe you. It gets so much love. I’ve had it bookmarked forever. We live closer and could pick it up ourselves. Any OC favorites as a backup plan?

Sorry, I didn’t see this part. I’m multi-tasking.

1 Like

Cream pan and black market are both good choices but you’ll get very different flavor profiles so it depends on the preference of the type of cake. Another good spot is ST Patisserie. If you know what type of cake I think you’ll be able to decide.

2 Likes

Okay, that’s the OC one I was thinking of! I knew Patisserie was in the name.

If y’all had a choice for a wedding-type cake would you choose ST Patisserie, Black Market, French’s or Cream Pan? It’s going to be less people than I thought (10). So it doesn’t need to have tiers and all that, just be pretty & tasty.

I would go ST Patisserie (I had forgotten about them, too). But I think they’ve moved from their Costa Mesa location.

1 Like

Tustin. I’ll call them tomorrow. Thanks!

Ditto. ST Patisserie will be the most expensive of the 3 but for a nice event I would get a cake from here.

3 Likes

I’m calling ST Patisserie tomorrow and keeping my fingers crossed. It’s short notice and their Google listing says closed Sun, Mon, Tues, Weds. :thinking: And they don’t list cake flavors on the website like some others. Bride & Groom like lemon.:crossed_fingers:

The passion fruit cake (the exotic) is amazing! It’s @A5KOBE’s favorite and mine, too.
There’s a Pink Lady that’s got lemon, strawberry, and white chocolate if that’s more the celebrants’ style.

2 Likes

I saw those slices. :yum: I’m hoping they can do a whole cake in one of those flavors on short notice.