Schellz Pizza Co

While we appreciate the answer @hanboooli I think it might be important to disclose that you appear to be the partner of the owner of schellz.

@hppzz asked in the nicest way possible and it’s kinda important to disclose if you have affiliations with restaurants or ppl in the industry before promoting them.

11 Likes

We got Bludso’d

5 Likes

Hahaha at least the pizza is really tasty!

It was pretty easy to tell from the first post that there was likely an affiliation.

4 Likes

Well okay looks some folks worked hard on social engineering😉

Let’s put it that way - I am the partner/number1 tester of Schellz Pizza. My posts were about sharing my personal experience and followed FTC guideline. I apologize if I am posting too frequently - was too excited to share new stuff😉

Anyway, hope you come and visit Schellz Pizza Co again soon! :pizza::bread:

4 Likes

welcome schellz partner/number1 tester. please keep posting, your pizza is great.

5 Likes

It’s not that you were posting too frequently.

Whenever is someone is posting a review, it’s really important to disclose conflicts-of-interest upfront. Even if the pizza is great, b/c of your personal relationship to the business, your opinion is obviously going to potentially biased in a way that some random person’s opinion would likely not be.

I personally really like it when people (chefs/family members/whatever) post here b/c it gives me insights into the restaurant business and food industry I wouldn’t normally have. I think a lot of other posters feel the same way.

I think we just like it even more when we know the relationship to begin with. :slight_smile:

If you want to keep posting updates and stuff, I’m sure we will all enjoy learning more about your business.

17 Likes

Will definitely be trying the breadsticks and the re released Godzilla soon!

1 Like

Not disclosing the conflict of interest is kind of shady but it would be a lot worse if there were any disagreement about the quality of the pizza.

3 Likes

In fairness, it was the most obvious shilling in the history of shilling on this site. Go back and reread that first post :rofl:

5 Likes

I’m a big fan of the Godzilla and am glad they brought it back. The heat from the two types of peppers really complements the meat (and the sweetness of the crust). it’s probably my favorite version of their pizza.

Just more generally, I love that I can get this quality of Detroit style pizza on this side of town and hope they continue to grow and thrive.

#notashill

@hanboooli any chance the Godzilla stays on the menu permanently?

9 Likes

Impressive investigative skills, @PorkyBelly must be rubbing off on you

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I will continue posting and sharing😉

Disclaimer - opinions from this account don’t represent (at least not 100%) Schellz Pizza Co.

I am the partner in personal life but more a supporter in this restaurant business. I have another full-time job💪

I enjoyed everyone’s enthusiastic participation in this topic! There are many reasons a person might be biased(family, friend, neighbor…) but I understand everyone’s perspectives in this thread.

Perhaps we should add guideline in FTC FAQs wrt disclosing affiliation or conflict-of-interest in general?

2 Likes

Thanks for your love of Godzilla!

Not sure yet if this will be a permanent item on the menu. Godzilla is their version of meat lover and I think it will probably stay until an even better version of meat lovers pizza came out!

Schellz Pizza never stops testing and innovating. You will always get the latest and greatest! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I think that’s a good idea. :slight_smile: @robert

2 Likes

If you want rules, there’s always Hungry Onion.

https://www.foodtalkcentral.com/faq

3 Likes

Just a brief off topic: does HO have a ton of rules?

1 Like

I am the owner of Schellz Pizza Co. I just became aware of this blog after hearing if from our customers. Our team really appreciates your dedication and support. We have friends who are trying to help build our foundation on sites like this I have learned.

Hanbooli is my partner and my spouse. She just told me about this blog yesterday and said I should join the conversation.

I can’t respond to every comment, unfortunately. The amount of time, dedication and hard work is quite immense. If any of you have owned a restaurant, I am sure you would be able to relate?

Your best course of action is to come in and talk to us, try the pizza, and see for yourself. Sites like this are better than others, imo, but it’s always best to see the band live, and not just rely on reviews. :smiley:

Announcement: We are about to release a very special pizza for the seafood fans. This pizza will be announced soon and will be pre-order only. This pizza has lobster claw meat, whole shrimp with tails, and garnished with a garlic oil tossed arugala. It’s pretty good but defer to you all on the results. This pizza will not be cheap, and is indeed special.

Cheers everyone!! We love you.

17 Likes

Welcome to FTC! Lovely to have you here.

That pizza sounds wild. When you said seafood I was thinking anchovies not lobster and shrimp. Still need to find a time to come by and try everything.

6 Likes

welcome

4 Likes

anchovies will be a modifier…

5 Likes